Kubota regened again today

/ Kubota regened again today
Thanks guys. Lots of good info posted here. I'm definitely running my RPMS up higher than before. Like a riding lawnmower. And its burning more fuel per hour. I guess that is somehow better for the environment

/ Kubota regened again today #72  
Thanks guys. Lots of good info posted here. I'm definitely running my RPMS up higher than before. Like a riding lawnmower. And its burning more fuel per hour. I guess that is somehow better for the environment
I’m toying with using the muffler replacement on the TYM… then it can idle like a pre-emission, but I won’t have to destroy an expensive DPF can.

/ Kubota regened again today #73  
Just another good reason to take care of the old one that I have and not have to or want to replace it!

/ Kubota regened again today #74  
Newer tractors equals new learning curve. Hopefully you can find a young kid that loves to impress their elders by fixing the latest and greatest. The younger generation loves this stuff and the older generation can learn a lot by watching them.
Problem with that way of thinking is anything with a computer now needs special tools to figure out what's wrong with it. It's like buying a whole set of standard sockets and then they switch to metric fasteners. So you buy metric and they switch to torx head fasteners. Any kind of tool that reads computers will be expensive and not everyone will buy them, so you take it to a dealer. Now you have to haul it and pay to have it fixed instead of fixing it yourself. To show you what I mean I have a Model A with a 302 out of a police car. First thing that was done was take the fuel injection off and switch to a carb to eliminate the computer and all the sensors. I can now fix anything on it with the tools I have in my garage and save tons of money.

/ Kubota regened again today #75  
Problem with that way of thinking is anything with a computer now needs special tools to figure out what's wrong with it. It's like buying a whole set of standard sockets and then they switch to metric fasteners. So you buy metric and they switch to torx head fasteners. Any kind of tool that reads computers will be expensive and not everyone will buy them, so you take it to a dealer. Now you have to haul it and pay to have it fixed instead of fixing it yourself. To show you what I mean I have a Model A with a 302 out of a police car. First thing that was done was take the fuel injection off and switch to a carb to eliminate the computer and all the sensors. I can now fix anything on it with the tools I have in my garage and save tons of money.
No different than any motor vehicle manufactured in the past 20 years. True, I have to visit a dealer or repair shop for repairs for most things today, but all vehicles I have owned in the past 20 years are far more reliable and last for several hundred thousand miles now. My 1970 Chevy was easy to work on at home, but I did that often. I remember timing lights, replacing plugs, points, and condensers every 25K miles, and 100K engine rebuilds. I’m not nostalgic for those days.

/ Kubota regened again today #76  
No different than any motor vehicle manufactured in the past 20 years. True, I have to visit a dealer or repair shop for repairs for most things today, but all vehicles I have owned in the past 20 years are far more reliable and last for several hundred thousand miles now. My 1970 Chevy was easy to work on at home, but I did that often. I remember timing lights, replacing plugs, points, and condensers every 25K miles, and 100K engine rebuilds. I’m not nostalgic for those days.
Some of the things they changed from them days were good, most weren't and were done to cost you more. Why would you change a gas feed rod to a cable. The rod doesn't wear, the cable does. Why you quit using a potentiometer type knob for your heater speed control to electronic, electronics need replaced. I'm sure most people had trouble with a couple speeds on there heater not working. And remember like you said you could fix it at home. And up here in the Northeast they rust away before they get that many miles.

/ Kubota regened again today #77  
You might not be able to trade it in but I bet tons of people would happily buy deleted tractor and the other half wouldn't even know if it's been deleted or not.
I have been looking at new m7060 tractors and the day that the warranty runs out it will be deleted until I pull the trigger I will stick with my pre emissions l4740

/ Kubota regened again today #78  
Some of the things they changed from them days were good, most weren't and were done to cost you more. Why would you change a gas feed rod to a cable. The rod doesn't wear, the cable does. Why you quit using a potentiometer type knob for your heater speed control to electronic, electronics need replaced. I'm sure most people had trouble with a couple speeds on there heater not working. And remember like you said you could fix it at home. And up here in the Northeast they rust away before they get that many miles.
All I know is I keep my vehicles for at least 250K miles now and they are still running good when I sell them. And the only work I do on them is fluids and filters changes. They are also seldom in the shop for repairs. They are just better vehicles today.