Kubota regened again today

/ Kubota regened again today #61  
I'm 33 hours into ownership of the 2018 MX5200 Kubota. She called for 15-20 minutes of 2200 rpms and spewed out a big ole cloud of crap o_O
While I was waiting - I googled how often should the tractor call for regen. And I read every 15-20 hours depending...I was about 30 hours past my last regen.
Question is how often does your tractor regen and what rpm do you run at. I usually run at 1500 rpms because that's all that is needed for the light work I've been doing. BUt I read i'm supposed to be running higher rpms - seems wasteful of fuel and motor service life. What say you TBN ?
Own a 2015 New Holland Workmaster 50 - It is automatic regeneration. Never know when it does it.

/ Kubota regened again today #62  
I'll stick with my 1982 Kubota L245dt without the regen bullcrap. Gear drive 600hrs and run it the way I want not how the government decides.
New Holland Workmaster 50, 60, 70 made since 2015 will give you the same. ( if this size tractor fits you)

New Common Rail, 3-cylinder turbo charged FPT engine
• Tier4BcompliantviaPMCatalystSystem
• Fullyautomatic
• No additional fluids
• No loss of power or need to stop work during regeneration
• Synchronized Shuttle and 8x8 transmission on ALL models

Benefits of a PM-Catalyst
• PM is continuously regenerated with the help of NO2 produced by the DOC
• Since there is no DPF, there is no risk of plugging or need to regenerate the filter to keep it
working
• No operator intervention required or fuel efficiency deterioration due to regeneration
• No additional fluids, warning lights, or increase in exhaust back pressure
• Works very similar to a catalytic converter used in the auto industry

Last edited:
   / Kubota regened again today #63  
My tractor runs ~ 1900 rpm most of the time - that's where I get 540 rpm on the PTO when using EPTO. How often does it regenerate? Couldn't give you an exact figure. Unlike yours that "spews out a big ole cloud of crap", I never know when mine is regenerating unless I see the regen light on in the dash. No difference in how the tractor sounds or operates so I'm sure there are times it goes through the regen process and I didn't know. 500+ hours on the tractor now.

But yes, if you have a Tier 4 diesel you have to keep the rpms up and listen to the engine sing. Took me a while to get used to it. But that's still cheaper than having to have the DPF professionally cleaned because I didn't run the tractor hard enough to keep the DPF cleaned out. Maybe that "big ol cloud of crap" was built up because your engine didn't get hot enough to keep things clean?
I agree, the rpm on mine is always at 2,000 rpm and 2,300 rpm when I use the pto and will regen at every 30 to 40 hrs for about 30 minutes or so. A 2015 John deere 3038e

/ Kubota regened again today #64  
One of the biggest problems with emmissions is they need a computer to work with all the sensors. I own a 1980 vette, last year before a computer, and no sensors. I own a 1987 Bolens tractor, no computer, no sensors. I own the Kubota, no computer, no sensors. When yours starts going bad and have to take it to a dealer to fix you'll notice the difference. Mine are all simply to fix.
Newer tractors equals new learning curve. Hopefully you can find a young kid that loves to impress their elders by fixing the latest and greatest. The younger generation loves this stuff and the older generation can learn a lot by watching them.

/ Kubota regened again today #65  
Fortunately I haven’t experienced any regeneration problems, it regenerated once with only 30 hours but it’s usually 50+ hours, the tractor now has 265 trouble free hours on it, when mine goes into regeneration mode I just continue working, takes 10-15 minutes for the regeneration to complete. But yes after hearing of so many folks having regeneration issues I would prefer my tractor wasn’t equipped with regeneration but it is so if a problem ever does happen I will just have to learn how to deal with it then.

/ Kubota regened again today #66  
I use my Kubota L6060 for larger jobs than my smaller 36 hp tractor can handle. I scroll through the dashboard settings and know within 30-45 minutes when it will need to regenerate. I have 2-3 jobs that will take 20-30 minutes planned for the regen cycle. When the indicator comes on, I push the auto regen button. If it needs a higher RPM an indicator will come on to increase the RPM's. I take it to one of my planned jobs, usually moving large logs, and work until it shows a full regen. I don't believe anyone thinks that burning more fuel will cause less pollution, but it doesn't seem to take that much and I'm running at higher RPM's anyway for harder jobs. So far that has worked out for me and hasn't caused me any problems.

/ Kubota regened again today #67  
Have a BX25 about 9 years old and under 100 hrs. When I've had it I run around 1500-1900 rpms. Never heard of "regen". But pretty amusing reading some of the posts.... This is supposed to be for sharing info and fun right?

I mean, it's nice not having any ridiculously complicated emissions crap, but not everyone can get by with a 25 horsepower machine.

I'm fortunate that my Kioti is large enough to do everything I need of it, understanding that with it's power to weight ratio I just do it a little slower. If I'd needed any larger size a machine, well, I'd have no choice but to go up in horsepower.

At least we don't need urea...

/ Kubota regened again today #68  
It’s been so long since I bought a new tractor that I haven’t paid attention to what has been going on with the new ones. I really only had a slight idea of all the changes that have been put in place with the newer models and, i must say, it is enough to make me keep my old smog-crap-free JD 5320 for the rest of my days. Government!
Yes, do yourself a favor and keep what you have.

• Good Post
Reactions: bgr
   / Kubota regened again today #69  
I'm 33 hours into ownership of the 2018 MX5200 Kubota. She called for 15-20 minutes of 2200 rpms and spewed out a big ole cloud of crap o_O
While I was waiting - I googled how often should the tractor call for regen. And I read every 15-20 hours depending...I was about 30 hours past my last regen.
Question is how often does your tractor regen and what rpm do you run at. I usually run at 1500 rpms because that's all that is needed for the light work I've been doing. BUt I read i'm supposed to be running higher rpms - seems wasteful of fuel and motor service life. What say you TBN ?
I do a lot of work grading, carrying hay, and things that do not require much RPM. Then, there is hay time and bushogging which require high RPMs. I have seen no difference in how often it regens. These engines inject a very lean mixture to begin with, and the RPMs does not change the mixture. The reason high RPMs is required on regen is because the computer in injecting a lot more fuel in order to heat up the particle filter and burn out the accumulated soot. There are kits to remove the regen system if you care to spend the bucks.

/ Kubota regened again today #70  
I run my Kioti CK 3510 at 2000 rpm’s minimum after warm up. Regens about every 30 hrs.