Kubota RTV 900

/ Kubota RTV 900 #11  
:) The shortage is not over. I am selling each one about 2 months before they hit the lot. I would expect things to start to catch up sept - oct. Price should being to come down in some markets when that happens.

/ Kubota RTV 900 #12  
Neil,

Neil,

I stopped by the dealer in our area to get a better look at these and see what I was missing. The dealer here said that prices were going to go up on these. He said that Kubota priced them at cost to get them introduced into the market and that they would be going up in price a couple thousand in the next year so buy one now if I was interested. Now that may have been his ploy to get me to buy but I know the guy pretty well and I don't think he would lie to me but you never know. They had 5 at their lot and said they've sold 3 since they came out.

As far as the differences between this and the Gator the steering was the biggest thing that was a difference to me. That was very smooth and nice to drive. I don't notice it much on the Gators but I bet my wife and kids would like this steering much better. The rest was nice but I can't say that it was that much better than the HPX. The hydro was nice but it's not that much different than the CVT in the HPX. Top speed seemed to be about the same in both. I would have liked to have hooked it up to some stuff and done some pulling but they just have a concrete lot where they are. I did like the instrument panel. Not that much in function difference from the HPX but it was very nicely laid out. I was surprised that the diesel was as loud as it was. Not that it was LOUD but from some of the comments on here I guess I was expecting it to be quieter than it was. Nice unit overall. I see why people like them.

/ Kubota RTV 900 #13  
I don't want to say your dealer is wrong because I do feel that its priced very cheaply for what it is. I could understand it going up. I have not heard anything along the lines of what he is talking about. In fact, if anything the price should come down as supply catches up. Right now everyone is selling very near list price. If he has them on his lot he is one of the new. Mine are selling months before they even get to the lot.

There is a big difference between the CVT and HST, its the main selling point of the unit in my mind. Driving around the parking lot its hard to tell the diffence, run it up a hill and high speeds and it will be really clear in a hurry. Draw back is as you probably noticed, its hard to drive slowly and smoothly. Things do improve and you learn the touch of the pedal.

The speed is the same, 25mph, above that they have to be classified as ATV's and deal with all the legal stuff comes along with that.

/ Kubota RTV 900 #14  
Cowboydoc, I really agree with you on the steering. I'm just beginning rehab for reconstruction surgery I just had on my elbow that will last the better part of a year (yeah, I'm not as young as I used to be) and the RTV steering lets me drive anywhere with one arm easily. The hydro drive does take a while to get used to and should be more durable. However, I read the military tests on the Gators and, if they kept them out of any water, the military couldn't tear up the Gator's drive units. In arid climates the military has literally hundreds of Gators in service. Believe it or not, the electric screw bed lift unit in the Gator will lift more than the hydro lift in the RTV. I've been hauling a lot of 80 lb. bags of concrete putting up a long fence lately. I can tell you from experience that the screw lift of the Gator will dump more bags (weight) than the RTV. In all fairness though, both will dump more than their listed capacity. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
When I picked up my RTV there was a Kubota rep at the dealership. He too told me that Kubota was going to have a price increase sometime in the near future. He did indicate that it likely would be a pretty big one too. I tended to believe him since I had already purchased my RTV and had already loaded it on my trailer. In other words, no need to keep "selling" me. I'm sure you'll love your Gator, I really liked the the ones I owned. As I said in another post to you, the RTV just worked out better for me right now. A big factor was when my JD dealer priced on the new Gator quite a bit higher than the RTV by the time I had it decked out the way I wanted it. Maybe he took it for granted that I'd by JD since I've purchased over a dozen new JD products over the last 15 years. I knew JD had quality products. Kubota had to prove it to me. I know I'll likely offend someone, but after a lot of looking, some other manufacturers can't hold a candle to the quality of the JD or Kubota products.

/ Kubota RTV 900 #15  
If I had been in your shoes I definitely would ahve bought the RTV if I could have gotten one cheaper than the Gator HPX. In my case I got a nice discount so that made the HPX quite a bit cheaper.

/ Kubota RTV 900
Hey Rick,how can I get in touch with your dealer.
thanks
sonny

/ Kubota RTV 900 #18  
Zimmerer in Decatur TX has a bunch of em.

/ Kubota RTV 900
Rick,Thanks so much for the info and the pricing.I bought one yesterday,and took delevery this morning,I got the plastic top and front bumper on the RTV900G-K..and Thanks to you,I was able to get it for $8800.00 total!!!!!
sonny

/ Kubota RTV 900 #20  
That price is UNREAL. Gosh, I'd do it now if there was a price like that around here!!!!!

Have fun!
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif