Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction...

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #21  
It is a 500. Transmission slows down when I need it the most. When I am in the mud hole. Is there a way to help this?

Ok, before we get into tuning...Are you running in deep mud in high range...if so, I really doubt there is much that can cure that. If this is low range, the RPM/servo adjustments might help. This also helps with general high rage cruising.

Let me know.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #22  
Thanks. My dealer, at my request and suggestion, is going to adjust the servo this week. I hunt in the Mississippi Delta along the river so it is a lot of deep mud. Adjusting the throttle cable did help the last time i had it in the mud. Hopefully, I will see and improvement from the adjustments.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #23  
I just returned from my dealer and I am not very happy. They refuse to adjust the servo. Said my problem was that I had too much mud on the axles. It is hard to get in the mud and not have it gather on the axles. This machine is hard to clean. All in all I think that I made a bad purchase for my use.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #24  
I just returned from my dealer and I am not very happy. They refuse to adjust the servo. Said my problem was that I had too much mud on the axles. It is hard to get in the mud and not have it gather on the axles. This machine is hard to clean. All in all I think that I made a bad purchase for my use.

Just mud on the axles slowing it down? If you're up over the axles in deep mud I'm not sure anything in the UTV camp is going to work all that well..RZR, maybe.
A quad sounds more in line with what you need.

Kubota US hasn't put this info out, Kubota Ca did. They are 2 searate companies selling the same machine. I verified Matt's information with someone else in Canada. He is correct.

The lack of dealer support for this machine is truly amazing. The purchase was painless..Everything after that, not so much.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #25  
I am going to pick up my 500 from the dealer today. Leaving for the woods tomorrow. Not looking forward to spending time with my winch cable in hand. I wish that we could do something. It is a good little machine, but I wish it would spend those tires a little more.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #26  
I am going to pick up my 500 from the dealer today. Leaving for the woods tomorrow. Not looking forward to spending time with my winch cable in hand. I wish that we could do something. It is a good little machine, but I wish it would spend those tires a little more.

Did they at least increase you max RPMs?...That helps quite a bit.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #27  
I met with my dealer and the Kubota Rep. They were very upset with this forum. The rep says this forum should not be listened to. They did increase my rpms by 250. Would not touch the servo. It seems to have a little more power. They did tell me that it did not seem to have the power that some others on their lot had. They also said they did something to help, but would not tell me what that was. I think they don't like this forum because it shows the problems that exists. This bothers me that we buy a product and it becomes our problem. I guess I will just have to live with it or sell it.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #28  
I met with my dealer and the Kubota Rep. They were very upset with this forum. The rep says this forum should not be listened to. They did increase my rpms by 250. Would not touch the servo. It seems to have a little more power. They did tell me that it did not seem to have the power that some others on their lot had. They also said they did something to help, but would not tell me what that was. I think they don't like this forum because it shows the problems that exists. This bothers me that we buy a product and it becomes our problem. I guess I will just have to live with it or sell it.

Let them be upset. if they and their dealers would address the issue instead of blowing us off, this thread wouldn't exist. I certainly don't have it in for Kubota, i bought a 20K BX23 5 years ago...That thing is everything promised and then some. This thing is another story. They probably don't want to admit that it wasn't ready for prime time, now it's getting a bad rap....All their fault.

I have complained to the dealer, regional and national management. No help, just told to live with it, or just plain ignored. They could fix the situation, but they just don't want to.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #29  
You are right about them letting this thing out before it was ready. If they are going to try to compete with the rest of the market they need to work on some problems with the 500. It could be a great little machine. I do own two BX2200s and have owned several G series lawn mowers. All are great machines. I just want Kubota to say they are not perfect. The response that I get is always operater problem.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #30  
You are right about them letting this thing out before it was ready. If they are going to try to compete with the rest of the market they need to work on some problems with the 500. It could be a great little machine. I do own two BX2200s and have owned several G series lawn mowers. All are great machines. I just want Kubota to say they are not perfect. The response that I get is always operater problem.

Operator expectations. That's what I hear too...That's unfortunate because once you pay $8,000 for the machine and add on accessories your expectations are high given the reputation of Kubota. They have failed on this one, and they really don't care. Welcome to the club.