Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader?

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader?
image.jpgimage.jpghere are a couple more pics.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #22  
I will see if I can get some pics posted. But my project is done and it worked out great.

Nice. I added some upper support when I did mine from the top of the plate to the top of the bucket. I don't know that I needed to, just looked more stout. Added some pounds which was a downside. Mine was a much larger FEL, your set up should be just fine.

Here is how I did it:
- bought SSQA arms from Kubota (part #B2366)
- bought universal SSQA plate off ebay
- took out old bucket pins and removed old bucket
- put new Kubota SSQA arms on tractor (goes on easy, no modifications required)
- used gas powered chop saw and ran down existing welds on bucket brackets then hammer and chisel to remove brackets
- used hand grinder to clean up any remaining metal and to remove some paint where new welds will go.
- put new SSQA plate on Kubota SSQA arms
- slid the bucket up to the plate and marked with a sharpie where to weld the SSQA plate to the bucket (just remember to do it on level ground so you don't weld the plate on too low. I actually sat my arms on a 2x4 so it kept my plate up a little on the bucket)
- took SSQA plate off Kubota SSQA arms and welded to bucket
- hit with some primer then Kubota Orange II paint and called it done.
Total time spent on the project, about 6 hrs + beer breaks

TomSeller, I considered that as well, but with a 2620 I was worried about the added weight. I also wanted to be able to see the top of my existing bucket for leveling purposes. From the pics it looks to be in the way but when I sit on the tractor I see right over the plate and can see the top of my bucket. I have put it through the paces with some good snows and so far so good. Plus, there has been no issues with added weight.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #25  
TomSeller, I considered that as well, but with a 2620 I was worried about the added weight. I also wanted to be able to see the top of my existing bucket for leveling purposes. From the pics it looks to be in the way but when I sit on the tractor I see right over the plate and can see the top of my bucket. I have put it through the paces with some good snows and so far so good. Plus, there has been no issues with added weight.

Right, you did good. Mine was a bigger loader so weight was not an issue. Yours looks perfect. Nice work.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #26  
dano08 I don't know if the quick attach for the b2650 will fit on the la364 but I have Kubotas old quick attach that is made for the b3200 la504 loader and fits on the b2620 la364 loader. It works great on my b2620 TLB. I have four attachments I can put on the loader. standard 50" bucket,W.R.Long 48" OBG2 grapple, construction attachments 42" compact pallet forks,W.R.Long 60" front blade. Here is some pics cal2620.

If the Kubota pin-on style QA from the LA504 on the B3200 will fit on the LA364 - then the SSQA from the LA534 loader (which fits right onto the LA504) - should fit on the LA364.

When I originally bought my B3200 - I got the Kubota pin-on style QA adapter.

I used it for a while and it was definitely better than the direct pinned on bucket. But I wanted something that was faster. So as soon as the Kubota SSQA from the LA534 loader on the Bxx50 tractors became available - I ordered one from my Kubota dealer. Have to say it's one of the best mods I have made to the tractor. Makes it VERY easy to swap between the three buckets I have and the fork frame. When the weather gets a little bit warmer and I can get some work done outside I'm going to build a quick attach for the concrete mixer I picked up a few months back.

I've posted in a few other threads a while back with pics of the Kubota SSQA on my LA504 if you want to go looking.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #27  
Also keep in mind the SSQA mount plus the mods to the bucket can add a lot of weight plus move the load further forward, and on a smaller loader that can mean a lot. I have a LA650 and am still debating on whether or not I want to do the mod and loose the lift capacity. I have a Bobcat 773 which I could share attachments with, but seeing how much heavier duty the lift arms/etc. are on the Bobcat I'm not sure how many would really apply to both.

Still not sure what I'm going to do. The only thing I'd "LOVE" to have on the front of the tractor is really the post pounder, but that's borderline too big for the loader anyway so I'm not sure. It came with a skid loader attach and a 3-point, used it once on the skid loader and a hose blew and squirted all over me in the cab and never again. It's on the 3-point now.

The Kubota SSQA from the LA534 loader is more weighty than the pin-on style QA - but - it also doesn't push the bucket out as far as the pin-on QA does.

When I bought the SSQA for my tractor - I also bought the 60" and the 54" buckets from Kubota to match. I didn't feel like dealing with welding up the pin on buckets to make them work with the SSQA. I ended up selling the 60 inch pin-on bucket and the pin on fork frame I had and took a loss on both but in the end I think the conversion was worth it for the increased utility of the tractor.

If you look at the 60" pin on bucket and the 54" and 60" SSQA buckets from Kubota - they're the same bucket in the side profile. The only difference is that the SSQA buckets have the SSQA adapter and the pin -on 60" bucket has the brackets for the pins.

The 54" pin-on bucket is completely different however than all of them. It's "lower" in profile and I think you'd have some issues converting it over to SSQA.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #28  
Oh yeah - and if you're looking for a fork frame for your new Kubota SSQA - talk to Artillian (they normally make Deere parts) - he welded me up a GREAT fork frame for my SSQA that I am VERY happy with.

It's a lot lighter than the Kubota fork frame and more versatile to boot. Tell him Jim sent you.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #29  
Can you pick the snow bucket up with a load of snow? I have a similarly sized Bobcat (773) and the snow bucket must weigh 400-500 lbs, and with a big full load of snow the Bobcat won't even tip it. (1750 rated.) I'd love to throw it on the tractor, the LA650 I think would be rated for about 1300 lbs lift if I understand things correctly, but it seems like they are too big for the tractors? I would also worry about plowing with a 6' or 7' snow blade on the front of the loader, is that just me being overly cautious?

I am not arguing with anyone that SSQA is *nice* and I'd definitely like to have it on the tractor, the limitations just concern me for general purpose use. If I had a 1800 lb lift loader on the tractor, it'd be a definite. Still debating whether or not it's worth it for me. :)

Maybe I'm just being way too conservative...

You've got to be careful when adding SSQA stuff to any of these smaller tractors. A lot of the SSQA stuff out there is seriously overkill for something like a "B" sized tractor. The weight of them seriously impacts the load capacity of the tractor.

The Kubota SSQA was the best option to add an SSQA to my B3200 that I found - and I had looked at this stuff literally for years. There are places that make SSQA type buckets that are less weighty and don't seriously impact the load capacity of the LA504/LA534 - but you're going to have to look.

I've seen buckets advertised locally on Craigslist that looked pretty good - their weight was not obscene and they were decently priced. I might pick up a skid-steer style bucket this spring if I can find a good deal - I've found the tractor style buckets are sort of pain to deal with when you're trying to do something like shovel dirt into the bucket. Something with a wider bottom would make it easier to heap up stuff that is getting shoveled into the bucket.

I picked up a really nice 54" rock bucket from Virnig last year after I got the SSQA. It works great - and if I remember correctly it weighed in at about 345 pounds - so it's weighty but not so much that the loader isn't still very useful with it attached.

/ Kubota SSQA on a LA364 loader? #30  
Reminder, I'm using the standard 72" materials bucket for snow removal around my property with the tractor. Can I lift a full heaping bucket of wet, heavy snow. No, but a full bucket of light snow. Yes. If I get too much snow in the bucket, the machine still can curl the bucket forward, dump and the tractor can push it up the snowbank. Everything I need it to do and in a 1/3 less time than with the 48" bucket.

Which 72" bucket did you get? I've thought of doing that too.