Tractor Sizing L series comparison

/ L series comparison #41  
The R-4 tires on our old L3130 were on two piece rims, like the L3800 in the ad, and they were reversible to change the spacing. Someone with a L3800 manual should chime in.

Our present L3400 has turfs, on one piece rims, and I added Kubota spacers for tire chain clearance. The L3400 rear end is beefy, and the extra 1.75" per side shouldn't create any stress issues. It does help with clearance, stability, and that manly "wide stance" look. Spacers and chains can be had for much less than the $800 that was mentioned, with a little luck. Even so, they will provide traction to get the job done!

My L3200 is the same as a L3800 (L3301, L3901 & L3400 too for that matter), just a different engine... The R4 rims are non-adjustable. R1 are adjustable several different ways, but not R4. If they were I'd probably widen mine to fit the rear chains on.

/ L series comparison #42  
The R4 rims are non-adjustable. R1 are adjustable several different ways, but not R4.

I've saw some R4s that were adjustable. But they aren't as common as R1s. Not sure why??

/ L series comparison #43  
The R4s on our L5030 was adjustable as are the ones on our L5740; same as the R1 on our M8540.

/ L series comparison #44  
I've saw some R4s that were adjustable. But they aren't as common as R1s. Not sure why??

Economics maybe? The R4's on the Grand L's are adjustable. :confused3:

/ L series comparison #45  
Yeah, it's definitely economics. Just seems like if one variety of tire/wheel is adjustable on a certain model, all varieties should be.

/ L series comparison #46  
I have the L3901 HST with loaded R1's after having an older L2250 with R1's. Before purchase, I contemplated getting the R4's on the new tractor, but glad I stuck with the R1's. There is no comparison to the traction in snow and mud IMO. It really depends on needs and mine are snow, mud, and the need for traction. I never need to use the tractor on the lawn, so that is not a consideration.

I recently moved the rear tires to the widest position and I have noticed a substantial increase in stability and a decrease in the "pucker" effect when on slopes :shocked:

/ L series comparison #47  
I have the L3901 HST with loaded R1's after having an older L2250 with R1's. Before purchase, I contemplated getting the R4's on the new tractor, but glad I stuck with the R1's. There is no comparison to the traction in snow and mud IMO. It really depends on needs and mine are snow, mud, and the need for traction. I never need to use the tractor on the lawn, so that is not a consideration.

I recently moved the rear tires to the widest position and I have noticed a substantial increase in stability and a decrease in the "pucker" effect when on slopes :shocked:

Yep, my previous 44hp Kubota had R4s. I ran chains all Winter. I'm in the timber a lot.

Widest setting that you can use is the most productive, stable and best ride.

/ L series comparison #48  
Economics maybe? The R4's on the Grand L's are adjustable. :confused3:

That would be my bet, it seems to be creeping into more and more places. I heard some of the newer "standard" Kiotis had dropped some features.