L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled!

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #11  
It's filled to the top and I can't see a difference in the color on the glass...it still looks white. Will using it overfilled damage the tractor?
Don't think I'd run it if it's over filled too much. A gallon shouldn't hurt. Try draining about a gallon or two out and the check the gauge. the oil can be hard to see, but you can.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #12  
Y'all have overtechnicalized the sight glass. Glass means there is enough to operate. Overfill is fine.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #13  
Oil die?...hmmm...I like it...thanks!

Why doesn't my Kubota have a dip stick? The older Ls do...it's a much better method of checking fluid levels IMO!
Some do, some don't, you'll have to ask Mr. Kubota about that.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #15  
It's filled to the top and I can't see a difference in the color on the glass...it still looks white. Will using it overfilled damage the tractor?

Nobody knows for sure, but I'd say it is unlikely. The case is vented to the atmosphere, so it is difficult for the fluid to put any more than simple atmospheric (15 psi) pressure on the seals.

However, some of the shafts normally above fluid level may not have much in the way of seals at all. If so, you may get some leakage until the fluid gets lower.

But I don't see how being too full could damage the tractor. Messy, maybe.

A drill pump or large syringe and a couple of feet of plastic tubing are what I use when I overfill mine.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #16  
It's just about impossible to see the UDT/SUDT/SUDT2 fluid against that shiny dip stick that Kubota uses.
I did two things that help.
First try was a quarter inch wood dowel rod with notches cut to match the markings on the tractor dip stick. The fluid level shows up better on the raw wood.

Then inspiration: I washed the dip stick, took it over to the kitchen stove top and briefly dipped it in the flame until the steel changed color & then quenched it. Now I can see the fluid against the blued steel.
It didn't take much heat. The top didn't even get warm.

View attachment 765762
You have a hydro dipstick? I only have the sight glass.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #18  
Kubota has two ideas that are WTF were you thikng stuff, the U joint hydrologic connection held in only by rubber O rings, under the tractor and that spirit glass that gets covered by any dirt, any dust, any mud or any grass cuttings.
Just drain the hydraulic oil in a new clean, wiped down bucket as was said before, put half back, then add to that by quarts slowly, everything except the engine runs on that oil and you are looking at the big transmission in that glass eye.
I use a real long blued screwdriver as a dip stick for my L4400 standard trans 4x4.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #19  
L2501 Kubota compact tractor 25HP. Can't see the line on the sight glass...so I added some UDT... I added a half gallon at a time and then re-checked to look for the line...until it overflowed. At no point could I see the line on the sight glass! Now it is filled to just below the filler opening...so if I use my pinky as a dip stick there is about 3'4' of oil. If I drain some out I propbably still won't be able to see the line and so....is there a better way to determine how much UDT to add?
Whoops. Add some of the red die, and then when you drain some out you will be able to see the oil in the sight glass.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #20  
I find that I can't see the color difference in normal light, but if I shine a flashlight on the sight glass, I can see the difference.