L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled!

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #21  
I used the John Deere red dye mentioned above in my former L3200. Half the jar worked fine & turned thing nicely visibly pink.

Oil seals in an engine or tranny are are usually pressed in & designed for practically no pressure. Any noticeable pressure could cause them to leak or pop out. If you raise or lower hydraulics it can cause a rapid change in oil levels. With a large amount of air space things can vent out with minimal pressure build up. If it's full of oil with no air you can get a massive pressure spike as the vent can't can vent oil fast enough.

Not likely but probably not a risk I'd want to take. Half an hour to drain & refill vs many hours at best & splitting the tractor at worst to replace a seal.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #22  
I just solved this issue with my Kubota M6111 (Dip stick). I purchased the Kingscote red dye. It is awesome. I also then immediately added it to my bush hog 3750 sight windows. my JD 6415, MY jd2030. my jd750, my bobcat udt and my oil compressor. In other words, anything with a sight window or a dipstick and it works great for both equally well. here is an amazon link (I think)

61RbJhBm0uL._AC_SL1107_.jpg

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #23  
Ebay has it a bit cheaper. Have used the JD brand before will be trying this.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #25  
I had the same issue with my Branson 3725. Bad, bad, bad, design! I drained it all and started over. This was the only way to know for sure. Your manual will tell you how much your system holds. Put all but a gallon of the amount stated in manual back in, then add a quart or so at a time.
Now I know for sure.

I would NOT use tractor with it overfilled that much without checking with dealer. Let them take the responsibility. Even then I probably wouldn't use it.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #26  
I have used the JD dye for years for the same reasons,just tell the dealer if they do any service.They had thought I had put automatic trans fluid in it!Helps to find any leaks also.

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #27  
Ebay has it a bit cheaper. Have used the JD brand before will be trying this.

Agreed, prices go up and down all over, so shop it. keep in mind this stuff goes a long, long way. I purchased two bottles, not realizing that and it will be a lifetime supply for me, even with 5 tractors, 2 bush hogs, and a utv. (give or take a tractor or two). I am nowhere close to using half of my first bottle after using it on everything, including putting a drop on one of my two white twin barn cats' tails so I could tell them apart.
cats.jpg

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #28  
Yes a little goes a long way. Fortunately my tractor shed cats look nothing alike

/ L2501. Can't see line on sight glass...over filled! #29  
Overfill is no big deal. None in the sight glass is a big deal.