Buying Advice L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB
The B2650 and the L2501 both use the same backhoe the BH77. There are some differences in the FEL but essentially the same. They are very similar in HP I have the L2501 with FEL and BH77, while it pales in comparison to my old Case 580C from years back that I no longer have it is a very good small "TLB" I am 6'5" and fit a little better on the L than sitting on the B at the dealership. The thing that made my mind up was the pricing, the L2501 with goodies was cheaper than the B2650 with goodies. Your experience may differ :)

Yeah I fit a lot better on the L. I like the fit and finish too.

How is backhoe cycle time? Curious how fast it digs. I have not found any videos on YouTube of one digging. Thank you for the info.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #12  
Yeah I fit a lot better on the L. I like the fit and finish too.

How is backhoe cycle time? Curious how fast it digs. I have not found any videos on YouTube of one digging. Thank you for the info.

It digs surprisingly well all things considered, like I said it is no full fledged large TLB but it does what I need it to do and quite quckly. I honestly have only used it to dig up three old stumps so far and do a small trench for a greywater leach field. Going to be doing some more work with it in the coming weeks redoing some culverts and what not.

While not great videos here are a few I found while making my mind up. I do not know if I mentioned it or not but I went to Kubota for pricing on a B2650 but at the time the L2501 was cheaper at the dealership. I probably would have gotten the B if it had not been for the pricing. It is a little smaller like I wanted but I am cheap :) I do fit better on the L2501 and glad I got it because I have been spending a lot of time on it.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #14  
And a video of mine just because. I have not done a video of the backhoe in action yet. Maybe this coming weekend.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #15  
No, instead I am having the MX5800 delivered this week with a BH92 backhoe. As I said, this is my last tractor purchase, and I didn't want to regret getting a tractor that is not "big enough." I have to do a lot of heavy lifting and I have a bunch of stumps to dig out.
I looked at the L2501 and it is quite a capable machine. It is limited for some of the work that I anticipate, so I passed it by. I looked at the 30+ horsepower machines also, and I was pretty much convinced that I would never buy another tractor before I leave this earth; so I am trying to make sure that my tractor is not my limiting factor in getting the job done. Maybe I bought more than I need, but my crystal ball is a bit murky.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #16  
i BOUGHT MY "LAST" TRACTOR ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AND HAVE ONLY TRADED/BOUGHT MAYBE 12 TO 15 KUBOTAS SINCE THEN. :D:laughing::cool2:
Any way, may "last" last tractor i bought a few months ago was a B2650 FEL. I went to Barlows yesterday with my Niece and her husband to buy their first "last" tractor and they signed on the line for a L2501 FEL HST which seems closer to the ground than my B2650 but I like closer to the ground and heavier. They added a 5' Rotary mower and post hole digger and loaded tires to be delivered next week.
I never considered the L2501 when I bought but should have.

It digs surprisingly well all things considered, like I said it is no full fledged large TLB but it does what I need it to do and quite quckly. I honestly have only used it to dig up three old stumps so far and do a small trench for a greywater leach field. Going to be doing some more work with it in the coming weeks redoing some culverts and what not. While not great videos here are a few I found while making my mind up. I do not know if I mentioned it or not but I went to Kubota for pricing on a B2650 but at the time the L2501 was cheaper at the dealership. I probably would have gotten the B if it had not been for the pricing. It is a little smaller like I wanted but I am cheap :) I do fit better on the L2501 and glad I got it because I have been spending a lot of time on it. Video Link: https://youtu.be/nekJsLw5b68

Good to have some feedback from you! Especially since you have operated larger backhoes. The L2501 seems like it would very well. Thanks for sharing the vids! The ditch digging demo is great! It would be great if you post a video of your machine digging! Thanks again

i BOUGHT MY "LAST" TRACTOR ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AND HAVE ONLY TRADED/BOUGHT MAYBE 12 TO 15 KUBOTAS SINCE THEN. :D:laughing::cool2: Any way, may "last" last tractor i bought a few months ago was a B2650 FEL. I went to Barlows yesterday with my Niece and her husband to buy their first "last" tractor and they signed on the line for a L2501 FEL HST which seems closer to the ground than my B2650 but I like closer to the ground and heavier. They added a 5' Rotary mower and post hole digger and loaded tires to be delivered next week. I never considered the L2501 when I bought but should have.

Would be interesting for you to drive it and see what you think. Especially since you have operating lots of different Kubotas. (0:

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #19  
Good to have some feedback from you! Especially since you have operated larger backhoes. The L2501 seems like it would very well. Thanks for sharing the vids! The ditch digging demo is great! It would be great if you post a video of your machine digging! Thanks again

I will try and get one up Sunday evening, have both grandkids this weekend so it will be my only day. Too busy with work to do it before then. Stupid work, always getting in the way of fun stuff it pays for.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #20  
i recently bought a B2601 i believe it uses the same backhoe was the L2501 (which the dealer was also pushing) but i wanted a smaller tractor to get in between trees on my land. (there are many of them). So far so good, i really like the tractor, although most of my use has been loader, not backhoe at this point.