Buying Advice L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #21  
i recently bought a B2601 i believe it uses the same backhoe was the L2501 (which the dealer was also pushing) but i wanted a smaller tractor to get in between trees on my land. (there are many of them). So far so good, i really like the tractor, although most of my use has been loader, not backhoe at this point.

From what I can tell the BH77 goes with a fair few Kubotas.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #22  
Would be interesting for you to drive it and see what you think. Especially since you have operating lots of different Kubotas. (0:

I will when they get it delivered. May end up getting "another" Last tractor!:laughing::D Doubt there will be that much difference but one never knows until they try it.:D

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #23  
I will when they get it delivered. May end up getting "another" Last tractor!:laughing::D Doubt there will be that much difference but one never knows until they try it.:D

Well sir, I see that we are about the same age and we tend about the same amount of property (according to your profile). I find it interesting that have had so many tractors!

I am reasonable certain that this will be my last tractor purchase. Implements are another topic all together..... Have a blessed day!

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #24  
Well sir, I see that we are about the same age and we tend about the same amount of property (according to your profile). I find it interesting that have had so many tractors!

I am reasonable certain that this will be my last tractor purchase. Implements are another topic all together..... Have a blessed day!

Thanks. I also have owned over 170 cars and trucks. I like "the deal". I discovered that tractors trade/sale like cars and trucks after buying my first tractor about 13 years ago. A BX2200 FEL MMM to be my "lifetime" mower with a super high priced wheel barrow on the front. It did so much more than I ever imagined a lawnmower could do. I started doing work on my new gullied, rocky, treed hillside land where I and my wife and brother were building my home that I started looking into getting a (now knew it was a tractor and not a lawnmower) more HP with higher ground clearance B7800 FEL RFM plus other implements. 3 years later I fell for the bigger is better and went for a L3240 Grand and discovered bigger isn't always better, it's just bigger and scary on steep hillsides and traded to a B3200 and was using a BX1500 MMM for mowing and then trades up and down after that and finally decided I needed a backhoe and of course bought almost all the implements that would fit my tractor (at the time) and ended up selling most of them since I didn't use them. I do still have the Ratchetrake and boxblade :). I also own a few acres or rental property that I needed Kubotas to conquer the land, save time and deduct from income. I sort of have two streams of Kubotas to own/maintain. Any way, at my age and level of landscaping attained I'm thinking I may be done or close to done but I've said that several times before when a new project rared it's ugly head that needed a different piece of equipment than I had on hand. :D :cool2:

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #25  
Your situation may be different, but after suffering a broken back and arthritic shoulders and hips, I just ain't that tough any more. My wife is in worse condition, but she still outworks me every week. We chose to go with "last tractor" and bought more than we may ever need just so it can be the "last tractor." Since we have a large number of closely spaced trees, we kept the size down from the full sized L to an MX. (It is being delivered today!)

Yes, our BX2200 has been a wheel barrow for her, but I mounted scarifiers on it and used it like a forklift as well. After Hurrican Ivan, I had to clean up nearly two dozen fallen trees pretty much with my wife as my only help. I sure wished I'd had the MX back then. With the years we have left, Lord willing, we should be fine with the property maintenance we may have.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #26  
Did a short drive on my nephews L2501 yesterday. I LIKED IT!!! It seems to sit lower to the ground which I really like. Steering wheel doesn't tilt where my B2650 does. It has a clutch where my B2650 does not but no preference there. The brake(s) are on the right side which also is now no preference after having them on either side with the new Kubotas or some new Kubotas putting them on the left side. Couldn't find lever to put it in 4wd until nephew showed me where it was. No preference there. I drove it around his house with rotary mower on back and picked up a rolled up swimming pool and then back around to pick up the heavy sand filter and loaded both items into my pick up. Seemed stable on slight slopes around house.
Side by side between L2501 and B2650 for my purposes on a sloped lot I believe I'd take the L for less or maybe even same money. I was getting out of a skid steer mistake purchase. The B2650 trade was offered which I took without considering the L series. I had owned an L3240 previously which was way higher in the seat than the B7800 I moved from. The L3240 was scary on my hillsides and I traded out of it pretty quick. The L3240 would have been great on flat land at twice the weight as the B7800.
The old adage of go to the lot and sit on all of them before you buy rings true over time and also still does. Do your research on line and talk to people first and then go to a lot. I should have done that. If so, I'd probably be driving an L today with a couple more implements to make up the price difference.

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB
Did a short drive on my nephews L2501 yesterday. I LIKED IT!!! It seems to sit lower to the ground which I really like. Steering wheel doesn't tilt where my B2650 does. It has a clutch where my B2650 does not but no preference there. The brake(s) are on the right side which also is now no preference after having them on either side with the new Kubotas or some new Kubotas putting them on the left side. Couldn't find lever to put it in 4wd until nephew showed me where it was. No preference there. I drove it around his house with rotary mower on back and picked up a rolled up swimming pool and then back around to pick up the heavy sand filter and loaded both items into my pick up. Seemed stable on slight slopes around house. Side by side between L2501 and B2650 for my purposes on a sloped lot I believe I'd take the L for less or maybe even same money. I was getting out of a skid steer mistake purchase. The B2650 trade was offered which I took without considering the L series. I had owned an L3240 previously which was way higher in the seat than the B7800 I moved from. The L3240 was scary on my hillsides and I traded out of it pretty quick. The L3240 would have been great on flat land at twice the weight as the B7800. The old adage of go to the lot and sit on all of them before you buy rings true over time and also still does. Do your research on line and talk to people first and then go to a lot. I should have done that. If so, I'd probably be driving an L today with a couple more implements to make up the price difference.

Great review John! I really like the feel of the L2501 as well. It is very comfortable for me to fit on and still an overall compact tractor.

I'm planning to order one soon with a front end loader and backhoe! Can't beat the price I was given! (0:

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #28  
ProjectKing - I keep running into you on the internet. :thumbsup: First found you on YouTube when looking for a zero turn. Then found out you had also bought a MUTS!

Anyhow, I have a B26TLB; found it used with 38 hours on it, basically new. I've been very pleased so far. You should considering renting one from a rental yard for 1/2 day so you can compare it to the other models you are looking it. Happy to answer any questions you might have...

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB
ProjectKing - I keep running into you on the internet. :thumbsup: First found you on YouTube when looking for a zero turn. Then found out you had also bought a MUTS! Anyhow, I have a B26TLB; found it used with 38 hours on it, basically new. I've been very pleased so far. You should considering renting one from a rental yard for 1/2 day so you can compare it to the other models you are looking it. Happy to answer any questions you might have... http://s156.photobucket.com/user/Ba...A-457A-BF0C-CDBAF21D4F09_zps1jeblyj6.jpg.html http://s156.photobucket.com/user/Ba...C-4F24-A2E3-4218071C3180_zpsnfrpulc7.jpg.html http://s156.photobucket.com/user/Backlight101/media/Lake Garage/MUTS_zpsb5f41a3c.jpg.html

You and I obviously have great tastes!! Hahaha!

Man your B26 is a really great looking machine!! Unfortunately it's way out of my budget. I would buy one if I could. I really like the light bar on yours. Very sharp!

Thank you for commenting!

/ L2501 vs B2650 for a TLB #30  
You and I obviously have great tastes!! Hahaha!

Man your B26 is a really great looking machine!! Unfortunately it's way out of my budget. I would buy one if I could. I really like the light bar on yours. Very sharp!

Thank you for commenting!

Thanks! Put a light bar front and rear, great for winter plowing..

Posted on your YouTube video under Cricklewood..

Man I wanted a ZD zero turn, but that was out of my budget.... Priorities :p