Oil & Fuel L2502 smokes really bad at cold start

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #91  
There are numerous occurrences of the smoking on startup on the 2502.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #92  
Must be a multi brand dealer.... Mine had orange dots instead.

Your spelling still sucks and I'd say this dealer is being way over the top with with you trying to be accommodating. What plug? There is no plug to loosen.

Want some cheese with your whine? I'll send you some if you want.... :rolleyes:
Actually my dealer only sells Kubota. Probably a blue paint stick is all they had.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
There are numerous occurrences of the smoking on startup on the 2502.

Yes I am seeing that now. The good news the fix seems to be fairly simple. They put shimms under the fuel injectors. Kubota canada has a service bulletin regarding this. The Dealship found it and installed it in the second tractor the dealership brought me. This one smoked before installing the shimms but after the shim install there was no smoke. It cold started perfectly. A 5 or 10 second smoke which is fine.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
What a nightmare

The dealership is working hard so it’s not a nightmare yet but just a pain in the butt. Hopefully they will deliver me the tractor ready to go.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #95  
The excess white smoke is an indication of not enough fuel adding the shim is likely increasing the fuel pressure or the dwell time for the injectors. A slight decrease in fuel economy and bit more HP. Mechanical injection trying to meet diesel emissions. My Kioti 25 HP is rough running and a bit smokey on a cold start, not as bad as the one pictured but more then they used to be.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #96  
The excess white smoke is an indication of not enough fuel adding the shim is likely increasing the fuel pressure or the dwell time for the injectors. A slight decrease in fuel economy and bit more HP. Mechanical injection trying to meet diesel emissions. My Kioti 25 HP is rough running and a bit smokey on a cold start, not as bad as the one pictured but more then they used to be.

While the CK2610 is indeed smokey at startup it does clear out quick, at least in my experience.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #97  
While the CK2610 is indeed smokey at startup it does clear out quick, at least in my experience.
Fairly quickly but several seconds, it is just from being set lean for emissions. I know of one CK 2610 that has had the fuel screw turned up a bit and it has no white smoke at startup it does have a bit of black smoke on startup. Mine will be getting a touch on the screw some time this coming summer.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #98  
Fairly quickly but several seconds, it is just from being set lean for emissions. I know of one CK 2610 that has had the fuel screw turned up a bit and it has no white smoke at startup it does have a bit of black smoke on startup. Mine will be getting a touch on the screw some time this coming summer.

I truly appreciate the simplicity in these machines; regarding the CK2610 that had it's fuel turned up, was that intended to clear up the smoke on start-up, or was this a happy side effect trying to turn up the power?

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #99  
Had a old jd 3020 even minus 20 started and ran fine
Only thing that would start after -30

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #100  
I thought that all pre emissions tractors smoked on cold startup? My old JD tractor bought new in 2000 always smoked upon a cold start.