Oil & Fuel L2502 smokes really bad at cold start

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
I mean, with no DPF, that's normal

Man I hope you are right. I wonder would a block heater and an exhaust hose piped through a hole in the wall of the garage make the problem exceptable.

I had a lot of prior history with the dealer and it’s getting frustrating. Freaked out no. Think what you want but you seem to like to belittle people. I well believe the dealer owner is doing everything he can to make this right.

A feature?

A mosquito fogger?
🤪
Lol. Well put. Hope you are right so I’m trying to see what I can do to make this feature exceptable. I have a heater under it which is barricaded in with styrofoam to see if keeping the oil warmer will help. If so a block heater and an exhaust hose running out of the garage might make it exceptable.

Last edited:
   / L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #55  
I had a lot of prior history with the dealer and it’s getting frustrating. Freaked out no. Think what you want but you seem to like to belittle people. I well believe the dealer owner is doing everything he can. He built a big big garage, hired three more machanics 2 more service guys but they don’t get up to speed overnight and his business went from 100 units a year to 300 units a year and he is having growing pains. He is doing a lot to try to make things right but it is frustrating.
Yes, I've noticed he likes to get under folks skin for some reason. It's the type of behavior that prevents guys from asking a legitimate question. Ignore him literally or figuratively.

I also hope my English is good enough for some of the guys on here. 😆 Oh wait, I don't give a flying flip

I think you're concern is legitimate one to three minutes is kind of excessive. I think it is indicative of a bigger problem. I would not let them pass that off on me.

Yes, I've noticed he likes to get under folks skin for some reason. It's the type of behavior that prevents guys from asking a legitimate question. Ignore him literally or figuratively.

I also hope my English is good enough for some of the guys on here. Oh wait, I don't give a flying flip

I think you're concern is legitimate one to three minutes is kind of excessive. I think it is indicative of a bigger problem. I would not let them pass that off on me.
Your English is perfect but my tractor has a problem and so does the guy that likes to cause problems. I even got to thinking this guy has a serious problem or he might be getting paid by kubota to help with public relations. The second option is not likely.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #57  
Like I said. This seems to be a real problem for the 2502. Many owners have reported it, but only on some of the units sold. Others don't do this. Some have had a warranty repair done and it cleared up.
I think Kubota has an issue with the new motor, after some examination.

Just got off the phone with the dealership. They said they might swap out the tractor but then they found a service bulletin. They have to add a shim under the fuel injectors. This is how kubota adjust the fuel on these tractors. They ordered part and said it would be in on Tuesday and they will pick up the tractor and fix it. I don't like messing with a new factory put together tractor and I don't have great confidence in their service department. Anyway they at least recognized that the tractor bellowing smoke for 6 minutes is a problem. I will let you know how I make out.

Man I think this tractor was built on Friday. Low on UDT and fuel problems.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #59  
Sounds like a design problem. First year issues with a new model. Sometimes progress isn't progress. Sometimes what always worked, well, worked... Like mechanical injection

Like I said. This seems to be a real problem for the 2502. Many owners have reported it, but only on some of the units sold. Others don't do this. Some have had a warranty repair done and it cleared up.
I think Kubota has an issue with the new motor, after some examination.
I was told that there wasn't much changes on the new 2502. After buying it I realized that was not true. There was alot more mods done than I was told. I never buy first years changes if I know about them. Guess I will see how the fix goes.