L3400 Price Check

/ L3400 Price Check #11  
By the way if you are near Branson you are welcome to come by and take a look at my 2010 model L3400HST. And I would show you its operation and capabilitys. I saw where the tractor was in Missouri, but I am not sure where you are. Contact me if you are interested

James K0UA

/ L3400 Price Check
Thanks everyone for the advice and responses. The seller has sent me some additional pics, which I have attached here for all to see. Overall it looks very nice, and it was actually purchased from the same place I was going to buy my 2620.

The implements look ok to me, with the exception of the hog, looks a little beat up like it has been hit into some trees and stuff. Not a huge deal breaker for me so long as it cuts ok.

I think I am going to go look at it, see if I can get him down to 14K and if so go ahead and buy it.

BTW, I am in Kansas City MO. Thanks again everyone - Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0741.jpg
    IMG_0741.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 161
   / L3400 Price Check
The seller also confirmed that the 50 hours service was performed.

/ L3400 Price Check #14  
It is worth offering 14k.

Just keep in mind that IMO, it IS worth his asking price:thumbsup:

He may hold firm at the 15.2k cause that may be what he owes

/ L3400 Price Check #15  
One thing you might want to check on the Rotary cutter if you can is take a small adjustable wrench, and on the gear box on the cutter on the back about half way down will be a small plug with a square drive head. If you can back it out and gear oil should start to spill out of it, hopefully it wont be milky, (meaning water has gotten in) and hopefully it starts to run out. The body of cutter can be welded up and reinforced. I would ask to see it spin up, and when stopped look at the stump jumper and the blades to see they swing free. Maybe not a deal killer, but I think you said you needed the cutter right away.

James K0UA

/ L3400 Price Check
Thanks again all.

The only thing that makes me nervous about all this is how the Lien will be paid off, and I know it is, since there are no titles for tractors like there are for cars. Have to think about that a little more.

Anyway, going up there tomorrow to check it out.

/ L3400 Price Check #17  
Thanks again all.

The only thing that makes me nervous about all this is how the Lien will be paid off, and I know it is, since there are no titles for tractors like there are for cars. Have to think about that a little more.

Tractor is is Great condition, hope you can make a deal.You could call Kubota Credit and ask about lien based on serial number on tractor.
DevilDog

Last edited:
   / L3400 Price Check #18  
Thanks again all.

If indeed the tractor is being used as bank collateral, find out what the payoff is from the bank. Make a check out to the bank for the payoff and if it is less than the sale price, make out the residual check to the seller. Have the payoff letter from the bank come to you. No one can lawfully sell that which they do not own yet. If the seller uses your payment for something else and the tractor is a collateral item, the bank can certainly either take the tractor that you thought you bought or ask for the payoff making you pay for the tractor again. The above suggestion is the safest way to buy such an item. If the seller is not conducive to cooperate in this fashion, I would walk away from this deal as the tractor is not his to sell.

/ L3400 Price Check #19  
Contact phone number for
Kubota Credit Support
transparent.GIF
Customer Support
transparent.GIF
dot_rule_medium.gif
transparent.GIF
Loan Servicing Center

14855 FAA Blvd
Ft. Worth, TX 76155
(888) 465-8268
transparent.GIF
Hours of Operation

8:30am - 4:30pm Local Time
transparent.GIF

DevilDog

/ L3400 Price Check
Hey all, quick update.

I spoke to Kubota and they said that all I need to do is pay the seller directly. He is 100% on hook for the lein, and that by giving me a bill of sale (transfer) indemnifies me if he doesn't pay off the loan.

I also spoke to the dealer, and he confirmed it as well.

So I went up, drove it around for an hour or so, hogged with it, tested the 3PT, dug a hole, tossed some dirt around. She ran like a champ.

Final price was 14,500. So I am happy, and the seller is happy.

The issue I have now, is how do I get it home? My guess is I need to get a 20' car trailer (open) and load it up?

Front to back with the hog it is 22 feet, and the box blade and tiller add another 6 feet.

If i load the box blade in the bed of the truck, the tiller on the front of the trailer, and the tractor behind it with the loader on top of the tiller, will that work?

I have about 35 miles I need to transport it. I could make two trips, but assume I will need to help of the loader/tractor to load up the tiller and box blade and they were both pretty heavy.

Thanks again for all the advice/help.