L39 TLB

/ L39 TLB #21  
No. Too many small issues (minor leaks, noisy trans). Decided to look for something a little newer and spend a little more money. Still looking to pull trigger. Getting by still with my NH1715 but still looking for that machine with backhoe.

Buy a machine with 1000- 2000 hours, in good overall condition.
You will never be sorry that you did.

/ L39 TLB #22  
Buy a machine with 1000- 2000 hours, in good overall condition.
You will never be sorry that you did.

I wouldn’t be scared of a Kubota TLB with 1000 hours but it better be a good deal at 2000. IMO they don’t share the same build quality as a full size hoe and the better days are behind it by 2000. My 310 had 2600 hours and aside from some minor sun fade it was the same as new.

/ L39 TLB #23  
No. Too many small issues (minor leaks, noisy trans). Decided to look for something a little newer and spend a little more money. Still looking to pull trigger. Getting by still with my NH1715 but still looking for that machine with backhoe.

Sounds like you made the right decision. IMHO that is a lot of hours for a TLB, although we can fix nearly anything, there is only so much time in the day!

/ L39 TLB #24  
I wouldn’t be scared of a Kubota TLB with 1000 hours but it better be a good deal at 2000. IMO they don’t share the same build quality as a full size hoe and the better days are behind it by 2000. My 310 had 2600 hours and aside from some minor sun fade it was the same as new.

Well.....maybe......but my Kubota L48 is at least equal in build quality to the JD 110 TLB.
Actually......better, in my opinion, as the JD has some reported issues.

/ L39 TLB #25  
Well.....maybe......but my Kubota L48 is at least equal in build quality to the JD 110 TLB.
Actually......better, in my opinion, as the JD has some reported issues.

I’d take a Kubota over a 110 any day. But the 310 is a more durable unit. I see them with 7/8000 hours pretty often.

/ L39 TLB #26  
I’d take a Kubota over a 110 any day. But the 310 is a more durable unit. I see them with 7/8000 hours pretty often.

With my L48 at a whopping 252 hours, and me at almost 79 years, I think I'm safe with Kubota longevity.

/ L39 TLB #27  

And the Kubota TLBs don't cost as much either new or used. To me, when something in the compact tractor line gets up around 4000 hours that doesn't mean that it is going to fail or even that it has significant wear. In fact, we could argue that at that many hours sudden surprises are unlikely. But at 4000 hours everything about it simply depends on the way it was used and maintained.

Our old JD310 TLB has 5700 hours on it and it definitely shows wear and some looseness - mostly on controls surfaces and on the bucket and hoe pins&bushings. All else seems fine.
That doesn't worry me. After surviving that many hours it isn't likely that any mechanical part will suddenly decide to fail, and I'm not likely to put another thousand hours on it.
So my expectation is that it will continue to work just as it does now for a long time.

Sort of a side thought is that few would buy a house, boat, or airplane without a complete professional survey, and the same thing is probably a good idea for buying used tractors as well.
rScotty

/ L39 TLB #28  
I’m not hating on the Kubota TLBs. Truth be known I just traded my Deere for one. But if I had to pick one to run to 10,000 hours I’d want my Deere back. I’m not sure about the cost less part either. I paid money to trade for the Kubota. IMG_7525.JPG

/ L39 TLB #29  
I’m not hating on the Kubota TLBs. Truth be known I just traded my Deere for one. But if I had to pick one to run to 10,000 hours I’d want my Deere back. I’m not sure about the cost less part either. I paid money to trade for the Kubota. View attachment 623258

Kubota M59......a dream machine....
....or maybe..... the M62 ????

/ L39 TLB #30  
It’s a M59. I’d rather have one of those vs the m62.