L4350dt

/ L4350dt #31  
Our Sunday motorcycle group "****'s Elders" rides over that way a few times a season. It's about 2 hrs to Concord from where we meet for breakfast. The weather looks fine for the weekend, so I think Sunday would work for me. If the gang wants to go in some other direction I could decide where to peel off and go to Concord (Dunbarton). Sunday work for you? I'd need some directions - probably be around noon? There are two things I never ask anyone else to pay me for - one is taking a motorcycle ride - the other is kicking tractor tires. Let me know.

edit - looks like the forum software doesn't like the gang's name- hint: it's not Heaven's Elders.

/ L4350dt #32  
Dick,
Thank you for the offer. I will call the owner to see if he is free to meet on Sunday. I plan on stopping by tomorrow night to see the tractor again.
Design

/ L4350dt #33  
If you try the loader lift test with the backhoe extended out and
on the ground like in the seller's photo, I can understand how it might
not lift the tractor. On the other hand, with the hoe boom up, the
loader should have a very easy time lifting the tractor due to the huge
counter-weight.

I used my old L2550DT for years and I had the old mechanical shuttle
shift with 2 clutch disks. I have never seen a hydraulic shuttle on one
of these older Lxx50s. I DID have the steering shaft shear off right at
the hole in the frame where it passed thru to the pwr steering hydrostatic
gear box. That was a tough fix. The late 80s was also the time
that Kubota debuted their first GST trannies: the nicest gear trannies
I have used.

/ L4350dt #34  
Dick,
I sent you an email. Please give me a call about Sunday.
Thanks in advance.
Design

/ L4350dt #35  
dfkrug said:
If you try the loader lift test with the backhoe extended out and
on the ground like in the seller's photo, I can understand how it might
not lift the tractor.
I was thinking with loose bh pins, tractor shut off for a while, no residual downforce on boom, the fel should start lifting it anyway. The hydraulics should load up so you could at least hear it trying.
The hydraulic shuttle on my '85 L4150 worked ok - but later ones were valved better for higher rpm use (softer engagement). I agree GST was (is) a good setup.

Design - answered your PM - maybe you are reaching a comfort zone about this rig?

/ L4350dt #36  
Can anyone give me help on an L4350 DT with seized engine. Can it be rebuilt?? If so where to find instructions? If not can I find a rebuilt?

/ L4350dt #37  
Can anyone give me help on an L4350 DT with seized engine. Can it be rebuilt?? If so where to find instructions? If not can I find a rebuilt?
It would help if you can add more details on how it became stuck - running without oil? or not run in years?

/ L4350dt #39  

You could by a shop manual to show you how to rebuild it and for the torque specs. I would recommend getting a someone with experience to rebuild it so you know it is right.

/ L4350dt #40  
Run without oil, then sat for about 18 months. When locked up didn't make a sound, just seized, but was out of oil.
Dave, It's hard to tell exactly what needs to be replaced without taking it apart - but the damage is likely to the crank, bearings, maybe rings & bores. New lower-engine parts will add up fast. Upper parts may not be damaged.

The Kubota 4-cylinder V2203-DI engine is used in non-Kubota equipment too so it is possible to find used ones out there. There's a listing here that might be a starting point.

A "short block" would be best to find (block, crank, pistons & rings) - everything else would be transferred from your engine.

Last edited: