L6060 finally gets here.

/ L6060 finally gets here.
RickB, I have never visited a place that did not like the land. Maybe not what man made but what God made I could enjoy it. FYI we do our vacation most often the Smokies, could enjoy living there also. However not near enough to my children and grands.. Right now have a trip to Pigeon Forge in September with sister and maybe a second in November with children. With all the restaurants closed sure makes me wish could have a meal at Bennetts, Five Oaks, The Old Mill, Alamo...you got the idea....

/ L6060 finally gets here. #102  
Dealer texted me this morning that my tractor and everything came in yesterday and should be available early next week. I can’t wait. Been sitting here watching the honey suckle grow, weeds pop up, and hunny-do list grow. More importantly we have 25 baby chicks that hatched last weekend and we have 2 acres of fencing to finish putting up for them. I can’t wait.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #103  
We (my wife and I) looked at the JD 4066r cab. Had it been her decision we would have another JD. I really liked some features on the JD very much. There were three things I liked on the Kubota better: The price matched as close as I could was lower by maybe $5,000. I like the side windows on the cab of the Kubota. Only have doors on the side of the JD cab did not please me. I like the two speeds in each range of the Kubota. Since using it really like it for loader and grapple work.

If memory is correct for that was at least three months back the JD did have the system to move the tractor standing at rear of the tractor for connecting to an implement. I have no doubt JD had a better seat and maybe nicer cab. Know my wife greatly preferred the JD cab.

One deal breaker for me with JD is their wimpy loaders compared to Kubota. I haven't looked at a 4066, but I've had plenty of seat time on a 4720, and the loader arms have a ton of play side to side. Take the bucket off and the brackets are stamped "Made in China". No thanks. The loader on my L5740 is built like a tank with a lot thicker steel and bigger diameter cross tubes than the JD. Also the proprietary JD quick attach bucket locks you in to having to buy JD attachments $$$$$$. Again no thanks. I know my Kubota isn't perfect and there are little things I wish were better (crappy seat), but overall this tractor continues to do everything I ask of it and has been extremely reliable, just like the two I've owned before it.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #104  
One deal breaker for me with JD is their wimpy loaders compared to Kubota. I haven't looked at a 4066, but I've had plenty of seat time on a 4720, and the loader arms have a ton of play side to side. Take the bucket off and the brackets are stamped "Made in China". No thanks. The loader on my L5740 is built like a tank with a lot thicker steel and bigger diameter cross tubes than the JD. Also the proprietary JD quick attach bucket locks you in to having to buy JD attachments $$$$$$. Again no thanks. I know my Kubota isn't perfect and there are little things I wish were better (crappy seat), but overall this tractor continues to do everything I ask of it and has been extremely reliable, just like the two I've owned before it.
That's always a tradeoff. If the loader weighs a ton that's a ton of extra weight on the front axle & less lift capacity than a lighter loader.

I suspect the weak point of many (most?) Loaders is not the loader arms. On my L3200 it was lack of ballast even with loaded tires & heavy 3pt ballast. On my L4060 (LA805) it's either the hydraulics or the front axle. I assume they limit my machine to the medium LA805 as it has a smaller front axle than the higher HP grands. At some point you are putting overkill strength into the loader at the cost of lift capacity.

From a physics & strength point of view the loader is on the wrong end of a tractor anyway. Every other piece of equipment puts it over the strong axle & opposite the heavy engine.

Dealer texted me this morning that my tractor and everything came in yesterday and should be available early next week. I can稚 wait. Been sitting here watching the honey suckle grow, weeds pop up, and hunny-do list grow. More importantly we have 25 baby chicks that hatched last weekend and we have 2 acres of fencing to finish putting up for them. I can稚 wait.

Congratulation. Hope you enjoy it greatly.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #106  
Tractor was delivered day before last. Unfortunately weve had pretty crappy weather here in OH the last few days so i only have a little over an hour on it, mostly unloading the attachments. So far I am blown away at just how well put together this thing is. Compared to the lower model Kiotis and older Kubota's Ive owned the fit, finish, and craftsmanship in this is amazing. The transmission is absolutely amazing and Im in love with it already.

I did notice that it is very very light in the rear end and the hydraulics are incredibly strong on the loader. I did not order it with rear weights or filled tires because i have 50 or more Honey Locust trees to take out still and their thorns reek havoc on tires. Ive had more flats on my ATV, Mower, and Skid Steer in the last 3 years than Ive had in my entire life. I was nervous about fluid filling the tires or using rear weights with the thorn problems. Once i get the rest of these taken out Ill consider having them filled. Until then i have an 800+ lb box blade, and i built a rear ballast block that will weigh in over 1000lbs out of concrete from an old 3 pt trailer mover attachment i had laying around that i rarely used. I did put a couple extensions on it so it will have (2) 2" receiver hitches coming out the back. Its approximately 2'x2'x'2 solid concrete and steel.

I had to go get my old landscape rake to get the box blade off the truck with the forks because it was tipping without rear ballast. Also had issues lifting the tiller I bought from TSP off my trailer even with the rear rake on although that was partly because of the hill i was on and the angle.

Speaking of the County Line Tiller from TSP. Im loading it back up to return it today. #1 i read and watched a lot of information about it before i bought it. I had a 10% off coupon so brought the price down a good deal. They were supposedly built in America by Tarter Co. As i was unstrapping it i saw a made in china sticker on the gear drive cover. Kept looking and the gearbox is also made in china. Found the Tarter tag and guess what... "Proudly made in the USA".. Right... Proudly assembled in the USA at best since all the working pieces are made in China. I know most things made in the USA are assembled with parts from China but thats not the point. #2 when i was assembling it the 3 pt lift arms didn't align quite right so and the steel plate for the PTO cover doesn't fit at all... It was the only part that wasn't bolted on the machine from the crate. it was simply laying on top of it in the parking lot... so i assume it was supposed to be for a smaller tiller and they just stuck it on there.. When i finished assembling I connected it to my 3 pt hitch and there is not way i can adjust the draft stabilizers (check chains are what im used to calling them) to get it straight... it is either cockeyed left or right because the lift arms were bent or not machined right... #3 Took the fill plug out of the gearbox and it was so rusted it had pits in the plug. looked down in the gearbox with a flashlight and it looks like it must have gotten water in there because everything was covered in rust... Needless to say it's going back today to TSP for a refund. The store manager was extremely appolagetic which i appreciate. Doesnt make up for the 5 hours i spent picking it up, unloading, uncrating, assembling, nor the 2 hours its going to take to reload it on my trailer, drive it up, return it and come home.. But at least they arent going to fuss about the return.. Found an 8' disc local here going to try it and see if that will get me by. We have several acres of land weve cleared and need to disc for pasture seed anyhow and Ill see if it will do a good enough job on the wifes garden to get us by.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #107  
Kenneth,

Wanted to check with you, how is the hose length on the EA Grapple? I looked at every grapple imaginable and ordered the EA 60" like yours yesterday. My tree and post puller has way too long of hoses on it and they get caught up in the loader pivot points. I bought a spring type hose saver for my last tractor which worked well. May still do that on this one as well. I mounted it on the loader cross tube and it kept the hoses out of the way. From the pictures on EAs website it looks like the hoses are a lot shorter so this shouldnt be a problem.

Have about 30 hours on tractor with the grapple and not aware of any issue on the hoses. At first thought there would be an issue but they use I think 45 degree fittings to guide them clear. Only issue had with them is need to just push them out the way of the right quick connect lever is being moved. Do check the end of the channel iron the hoses run from cylinder to cylinder in to see if yours has a sharp edge the hoses will rub on.

Really like the 60 inch grapple on the tractor. Very pleased with the grapple. Only issue have is trying to find best position to park the grapple in to disconnect so grapple does not move to build pressure on one of the hyd lines. So far it has been to part it fully open resting on the bottom teeth and the top ones. Just little awkward on reconnecting. But a word of advice, I knew to but was to anxious to wait to have one made and used the pair and ripped the front screen on my tractor. That nice black screen is over $300.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #109  
Have about 30 hours on tractor with the grapple and not aware of any issue on the hoses. At first thought there would be an issue but they use I think 45 degree fittings to guide them clear. Only issue had with them is need to just push them out the way of the right quick connect lever is being moved. Do check the end of the channel iron the hoses run from cylinder to cylinder in to see if yours has a sharp edge the hoses will rub on.

Really like the 60 inch grapple on the tractor. Very pleased with the grapple. Only issue have is trying to find best position to park the grapple in to disconnect so grapple does not move to build pressure on one of the hyd lines. So far it has been to part it fully open resting on the bottom teeth and the top ones. Just little awkward on reconnecting. But a word of advice, I knew to but was to anxious to wait to have one made and used the pair and ripped the front screen on my tractor. That nice black screen is over $300.

Thanks for the feedback. I do a tremendous amount of brush and tree removal so I’ll take it easy. I went ahead and ordered the 3rd function valve skid plate from Specialty Repairs. It should be here soon. Those lines are very exposed hanging out down there. A great little mom and pop company. Ordered Wed and shipped Friday.

Also should have my top and tilt done and installed this morning. Welded on all the ends last night and painted the cylinders. I am also trying Euro style quick hitch hook ends to replace my ball ends for the 3 pt hitch. These are a big gamble because you have to cut the ball ends off your 3 pt and weld on the hook ends. Ill probably do another thread on them when Im done with a review. Brian from Fit Rite highly recommended them.

Start to finish last night was 3.5 hours from cutting cylinders and ball ends, welding new ends on, cutting 3 pt link ends off, welding new hook ends on, painting 2 coats of Kubota gray paint on them, and cleaning up the tools. Still have some sweeping to do for all the metal flakes from cutting though. Ill post pictures later.

I am right sure it was not a limb in the grapple itself that ripped my front screen, think most likely it was when I drove into the pile to dumb the load. Have not seen the plate to protect the 3rd function valve, will right after this. Did tie a hose up much better.