L6060 finally gets here.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #111  
Only 1 valve in an open center hydraulic system can operate at a time. It's always the upstream valve in the system that gets priority. The only exception to this is the loader lift & curl valve because its plumbed in funky internally in the valve body. If you operate the loader, the 3pt & any rear remotes will stop working until you lay off the upstream valve.

All CUTs use open center hydraulics & have this issue. It doesn't hurt anything, but can be mildly annoying on occasion. I only notice it when running my hydraulic post hole digger as you want it spinning at the same time you raise or lower the loader.

I'm not sure what we are are trying to explain here. I'd say that operating one thing at a time is a limitation mostly due to low fluid flow rate and could happen with either open or closed hydraulics systems if the system is undersized It's not normally a problem as long as either the flow is sufficiently large or the fluid restriction is large enough to maintain pressurize on several paths at once. If not, then typical design solutions are priority valves or accessory pumps.
Different CUTS commonly use one or both systems to overcome the problem.
rScotty

/ L6060 finally gets here.
Not sure posted this already but the Manual for the L6060 or the loader itself says not to try to raise and curl the bucket at the same time. Makes no sense to me nor the dealer.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #113  
That is interesting because it痴 one of their sales features over other brands. Neither of my Kiotis would do two loader functions at once which was really frustrating doing loader. Very clunky. Where as every Kubota (4 of them now) all have.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #114  
Not sure posted this already but the Manual for the L6060 or the loader itself says not to try to raise and curl the bucket at the same time. Makes no sense to me nor the dealer.
Odd. It does take a bit of finesse to do, but I do it all the time on my L4060. When loading or unloading something with my forks o often revert to only one movement at a time for more precise control. But it works just fine lifting & curling when moving dirt or tasks that favor speed over precision.

I suppose you could end up with a situation where one function overpowers the other for unexpected results. But Kubota has the loader valves that are internally plumbed in series AND parallel explicitly to let lift & curl work simultaneously. Normally on an open center hydraulic system only the first actuated valve in the loop will work at any given time. Unless you have the series/parallel valve & then it only permits spools in the same valve body to do it.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #115  
Odd. It does take a bit of finesse to do, but I do it all the time on my L4060. When loading or unloading something with my forks o often revert to only one movement at a time for more precise control. But it works just fine lifting & curling when moving dirt or tasks that favor speed over precision.

I suppose you could end up with a situation where one function overpowers the other for unexpected results. But Kubota has the loader valves that are internally plumbed in series AND parallel explicitly to let lift & curl work simultaneously. Normally on an open center hydraulic system only the first actuated valve in the loop will work at any given time. Unless you have the series/parallel valve & then it only permits spools in the same valve body to do it.

This is what I love about this forum. The depth of knowledge is unbelievable. There are so many people on here who need to be Kubota salesman because one of the dealers I got quoted from for my new L6060 sales guy was absolutely clueless. Im talking couldnt even name simple components in his sales pitch.

The wisdom and experience shared on here is priceless.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #116  
I was under the impression most loader valves were the series/parallel architecture internally these days. A few years back I do recall the korean tractors not really doing the simultaneous operations thing well if at all. The sales guy said it needed weight in the bucket to do it. I flagged it as likely BS. It could have been the case, but more likely it was just really fiddly to get both spools just right to balance the circuits & do it.

Over half of my tractoring knowledge comes from TBN. Probably more when you count indirect learning.