Life on the farm

/ Life on the farm #831  
Fuddy, that camper picture at Crater Lake? Jon

/ Life on the farm #833  
Good question. I happened to find picture online searching Ultravan. I know it's grandfather's by FMCA #.
Just looking at the background reminds me of Crater Lake, mostly that island and the mountains. Jon

/ Life on the farm
I've spoke of having picnics above the pond. this 1965 picture shows the picnic table up in the woods above the pond. One of my sisters sitting on the old fishing tree. 1963 pic of a picnic, I'm in the back right of my dad.

19650500_PondCathy_Farm.jpg

19630800_PondPicnic_DadFamily.jpg

/ Life on the farm #836  
Fuddy, that camper picture at Crater Lake? Jon
Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe

As kids we would take an old inner tube out to the island and back…

Emerald Bay was often calm when the lake was choppy… loved to water ski there before it was no longer allowed…

The entire Bay with Island and Estate Viking home was under private ownership before becoming State park.

1710901421831.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Life on the farm #837  
I posted this in the GM thread, but will put it here also.
My brother just posted pics of my grandfathers place, new owner bulldozed it all, it’s all gone. The house dad was born in 100 years ago, was almost 200 years old.
I'm more upset with my Aunt and then cousin that let it run down in the 35 years since he died, and the fact that my cousin would not respond when we wanted to buy it. It was too far gone to be used. They put cut stones on pallets. They also tearing down my GG grandparents place across the ridge, they have removed the slate roof, so it looks like they are salvaging what material that might be of value. The only good outcome from all this is my Dad gets 1/4 of the estate, but I'd rather had the property. Dad planted the lone pine that was behind the house. 2nd pic is 2008, 20 years after my grandfather died. I helped paint the house a few times.View attachment 857651
View attachment 857650
I’m learning family is funny that way…

Things can go sideways the moment someone expresses an interest in something…

I’ve seen it where a family member paid a premium for a family property with emotional attachment when all the other heirs only interested in cash.

Fast forward and the money the others received often long spent and not remembered but the one that bought the farm or cabin or cottage somehow took advantage because look what it’s worth today!

Sometimes all you have are memories….

/ Life on the farm
I’m learning family is funny that way…

Things can go sideways the moment someone expresses an interest in something…

I’ve seen it where a family member paid a premium for a family property with emotional attachment when all the other heirs only interested in cash.

Fast forward and the money the others received often long spent and not remembered but the one that bought the farm or cabin or cottage somehow took advantage because look what it’s worth today!

Sometimes all you have are memories….
Yes, they can be funny. My cousin who inherited it from my Aunt did nothing with it. My Aunt barely did anything, mowed once in awhile.

My brother went by today, my GG grandparents house is now gone. I wasn't so attached to that house, but that was the better land.

Anyways, big party still on for Saturday.

/ Life on the farm #840  
Life is short.
Pictures freeze that moment in time.
Sadly, so many of those old photos were taken using cameras with less-than-great resolution. Even a cellphone camera runs rings around them.