Life on the farm

/ Life on the farm
Sadly, so many of those old photos were taken using cameras with less-than-great resolution. Even a cellphone camera runs rings around them.
Actually, the photos from the 30s - 50s are mostly excellent pictures. It’s the instamatic cameras from the 70s that sucked.

/ Life on the farm #842  
Actually, the photos from the 30s - 50s are mostly excellent pictures. It’s the instamatic cameras from the 70s that sucked.
Whatayamean??? :ROFLMAO:

We had a Kodak disc camera. Excellent resolution with those huge negatives...

IMG_3721.jpeg

/ Life on the farm
We had what I think was called a 110 film camera. Tiny little negatives, poor pictures. And then the flash cubes. …..

/ Life on the farm #844  
We had what I think was called a 110 film camera. Tiny little negatives, poor pictures. And then the flash cubes. …..
Yep. We had those, too.

Anyone else make a pinhole camera with a 110 film cartridge?

I won some science fair as a kid making one of those and documenting the process/use/results. Pretty fun to play around with... back when we had no electricity, indoor plumbing, etc... :ROFLMAO: OK, it wasn't that far back.

Found this...

/ Life on the farm #845  
Yep. We had those, too.

Anyone else make a pinhole camera with a 110 film cartridge?

I won some science fair as a kid making one of those and documenting the process/use/results. Pretty fun to play around with... back when we had no electricity, indoor plumbing, etc... :ROFLMAO: OK, it wasn't that far back.

Found this...

Wouldn't have considered wasting that expensive film

/ Life on the farm #846  
Wouldn't have considered wasting that expensive film
It was for the benefit of science. :LOL:

I recall making a pinhole camera from a 126 cartridge and a 35mm cardboard box as well.

Took some pictures of my mom's dog with black and white film. It was fascinating stuff for a kid.

/ Life on the farm
Yesterday was the big party as Dad turned 100. Had 42 people in attendance, mostly family. This is 6 remaining siblings with him
IMG_4562.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg

/ Life on the farm #849  
Yes it is… there has to be a story there.