LK3054XS Best for Me?

/ LK3054XS Best for Me?
KiotiJohn,
Thanks for your efforts to get all this information. Today took a more serious look at the 3045XS. In its present form, I think it would be a good tractor. Tomorrow, I am heading for Daves Tractors to make a serious comparison to the Branson. With the steel prices increasing I am afraid that my money will not go as far. Have to make a decision quickly after the tax meeting on Monday.
More to follow.
Richard aka Lablovers

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #62  
Richard, every so often , I check back to see how your tractror saga is going. I've read a lot of posts from Dave at Dave's tractor...and he seems like he'd be a great dealer to work with. One thing you might want to consider if you are going to be working on hilly ground is the footprint of the tractor...eg wide or narrow? It would be nice if all dealers had this huge hill at their place where you could load up the front loader then drive down the hill and turn right or left. You will soon get a sense for how stable the thing is. Weight of the tractor will also play a role. Flatlanders never have to deal with this. Maybe measure the width of the tires and how wide you can space them. Just a thought from a person who also lives in the hills. You have to think safety.

pete

/ LK3054XS Best for Me?
Sassafraspete,
You hit the nail on the head about Dave @ Dave's Tractors. Today I drove 3 hours to visit Dave. See my reply in the General Section dealing with amount of Blue and Green for details. I wish all dealers could be like Dave. The don't come any better.
Thanks,
Richard aka Lablovers

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #64  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It would be nice if all dealers had this huge hill at their place where you could load up the front loader then drive down the hill and turn right or left. You will soon get a sense for how stable the thing is. )</font> Sassafraspete makes a very good point. My CK20 tread width is fixed when using the R4 tires, but is stable enough for where I live. The 3054XS is adjustable and you'll just need to see if it's enough, as it probably will be. I'm glad Pete brought that up, it's not something talked a lot about, but is VERY important, esp. to the inexperienced. Buy the tractor Richard, we're dying to see the pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #65  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifClose, I live off Highway 20 between Marysville and Grass Valley. I have not experienced any of my attachements bogging down. I run my back hoe with the PTO set at 1000, that way I dont have to rev the motor, just let it run at an idle + 100 rpm. No problems digging at all. I run my rototiller at PTO set at 540 and engine rpm at 2100. Works like a charm.

Room wise the 3054 has good room and I understand that the new 3054 has the shifter located up, I think that this will make getting on and off the tractor easier. Back hoe room is good, I'm 6'2" and fit just fine.

Bought my locally (was paranoid about warrenty work) at Highway 20 equipment (located about 5 miles east of Hallwood) I think I got a pretty good deal and Tom the owner was a real nice to deal with.

My only regret is that it keeps raining, and the ground is to soft to go out and play, with out making a mess.

/ LK3054XS Best for Me?
JFP, if I am not out of line could you let me know what you paid for your 3045. Sounds like you have the same set-up I am looking at. 3045 with TLB. I have been sourcing pretty agressively. I visited Hwy 20 and looked at their Kioti's and will have them bid. If you would like to send me a personal e-mail with the info, that is fine. Getting close and hope to act in the next week or two. Of course depending on tomorrows tax prep.
Richard aka Lablovers

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #67  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifGreetings Richard, sent you a private message with info.

joseph

/ LK3054XS Best for Me?
JFP,
Thanks for the information. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It really helped. The tax man only required a pound of flesh, so it looks like the tractor is a go. Down to two models. LK3054xs and the Mahindra 2810HST. I like them both. Don't know much about the Mahindra, Any imput?
Thanks to everyone for their help. I will have to buy a camera to post pictures after the big purchase. Have a good week.
Richard aka Lablovers

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #69  
The only thing I can say is: Do you know anyone who owns a Mitsubishi product? Ask them what they think of the quality. That should give you some idea of whether or not you want to buy the Mahindra. They seemed like good tractors when I was searching, but I didn't like the dealer. John

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #70  
Hey Kiotijohn, The 10 series Mahindra are not Mitubishi made they are South Korean Just like the Kiotis and they also run the Kioti motor(Daedong)