Loading dead tractor onto trailer

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #1  

dirtwhisperer

I'm not in this situation . But have often wondered, if you cant get your tractor running, how would you load it onto a flat bad to get it serviced ?
I'm thinking a winch, but what about the loader, how would you raise the loader/bucket to get onto trailer ?

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #2  
i aired up the tires on the old JD that had been sitting in a barn for 30+ yrs, pulled it out of the barn with my pickup, parked it on a hill, parked my truck/trailer below it on the same hill and let gravity do the rest, never had a bit of trouble it went right up the ramps and loaded itself.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #3  
We're about to move my father's old Ford 4400 which hasn't been run in years; it's a gas engine and I don't want to be messing with it while parked in the barn. Raising the loader won't be that difficult. With a strap attached to the bucket of that tractor and the Kubota, I'll work the Ford control while my brother lifts it with the Kubota. That will be the easy part, we then need to drag it out of the barn and there's a bit of a downhill slope dropping away as soon as we exit the barn. I will be onto the brakes but also will have the clutch in, tranny in gear for extra insurance.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #4  
This may sound off the wall...but it seems like there was once a thread here on TBN that discussed being able to manually turn the PTO and engage the hydraulic pump enough to raise a 3PH...can't remember if it mentioned a loader...I tried searching but can't seem to find a reference so I could be remembering something else...

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #5  
I've ran into this. Broken down while out in the field. Stupid me, I put the loader down, the implement (cultivator) was already in the ground.

The tractor simply died and I couldn't restart it. After exhausting all I could do in the field, it was time to take it to the shop. I disconnected from the implement and put the loader in float (already there) I then jacked up the loader with a high lift jack and put the loader in neutral. This kept it from falling. I then towed it out of the field with another tractor. I dont remember blocking up the loader, but perhaps I did. It would probably be a good idea to do so.

I believe the issue was an oil sending unit. Probably something I could have diagnosed and repaired in the field, but, meh, it was only a short drive to the shop.

But, if you wanted to load it up on a trailer, probably a winch or tow vehicle to pull it up the ramps. But getting the loader up, thats the trick.

You could, probably, also use another tractor's hydraulics to lift the FEL. Disconnect the hydros from the dead tractor, hook them up to a good tractor, and lift it up. Might need some longer hoses and adapters though.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #7  
Anyone that own's a trailer should own a power-pull (aka come-a-long). With snatch blocks and extra cable,you can move mountains.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #8  
If the starter will turn it over you can usually raise the loader with the engine cranking over on it.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #9  
I'v only loaded one dead tractor that had a loader and it was pretty simple. I ran a chain from the top of the bucket down the backside of the bucket between the loader arms. Then ran the chain around the side of the bucket. My trailer has a winch on it so I hooked the winch to the chain and pulled it right up the ramps. Once the winch was pulling tight on the chain, the chain pulled under the side of the bucket to the center and the bucket slid up the ramps.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #10  
This is my push/pull pole in the push mode:

P7020002.JPG
P7020003.JPG

P7020007.JPG
P7020009.JPG