Loading dead tractor onto trailer

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #21  
I will be onto the brakes but also will have the clutch in, tranny in gear for extra insurance.

Coasting down hill with clutch depressed & manual trans in gear has be known to destroy good clutch by slinging clutch lining off of plate

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #22  
I pushed my sisters B7510 up onto a trailer with my L3700. I just raised my bucket so I was pushing on the ROPS bar on her machine. Very easy.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #23  
Winch or come-a-long attached to draw bar and pull it backwards up the ramps. FEL will just slide up the ramps. That is how I did it last month when my tractor died in the field. Let the service department figure out how to get it off the trailer.
I did exactly the same ! Dropped off the trailer with tractor at shop! They fixed it while it was on trailer! Called me to come back and get it, when it was done. I don't they they even took it off the trailer!

Danno

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #24  
The gravity way???? Be sure to block the wheels!

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #25  
Ouch! :shocked:

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #26  
My father had an old Caterpillar 22 track machine, (with a heavy blade), that hadn't been started for better than 20 years. When he passed away, we gave it away to a guy who was going to restore it.
He used 2 jack alls and a couple of long chains to load it up onto his trailer. I wasn't there, but my brother said he was amazed at the strength of 2 jack alls. Wish I'd been there to watch

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #27  
Coasting down hill with clutch depressed & manual trans in gear has be known to destroy good clutch by slinging clutch lining off of plate

That could be the case but it's still preferable to barreling down the hill out of control. With square gears and no power to the engine once I start down over that hill I'm committed. :D We'll access before getting to that point, I have no reason at this point not to trust the brakes.

ball valve on hose of loader works great to hold them up i have them on our 706 so i dont have to take off the loader and can switch hoses for the rear remote controls, just pop out the loader quick connects and pop in the rear lines - shazam, u can do the same by lifing up the loader and then blocking the fluid flow so it doesnt allow the cylinders to go down
maybe I'm wrong, if so I will know this weekend; but if I open the spool when we raise the loader won't it hold when I release it?

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #28  
This may sound off the wall...but it seems like there was once a thread here on TBN that discussed being able to manually turn the PTO and engage the hydraulic pump enough to raise a 3PH...can't remember if it mentioned a loader...I tried searching but can't seem to find a reference so I could be remembering something else...

....but doesn't the hydraulic pump turn with the engine? So how do you turn pump through PTO without turning engine? I guess if engine is okay to turn it should work. There's videos on Youtube of guys starting their tractors by wrapping a strap around the attached rotary mower pto shaft and "pull starting" the engine with the family sedan.

Thinking out loud here....on a similar off-the-wall note: What would happen if you hooked another tractors hydraulics into dead tractors SCV? (..if you just happen to have a couple hydraulic lines with male connectors on each end)?
Would it pressurize dead tractor's hydraulic system if you worked the levers right?

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #29  
Thinking out loud here....on a similar off-the-wall note: What would happen if you hooked another tractors hydraulics into dead tractors SCV? (..if you just happen to have a couple hydraulic lines with male connectors on each end)?
Would it pressurize dead tractor's hydraulic system if you worked the levers right?
Just disconnect the quick connects for the loader and connect them to the other tractor. We did that with the tractor that needed to have the loader removed to get engine work done on it. It worked just fine.

Aaron Z

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #30  
Just disconnect the quick connects for the loader and connect them to the other tractor. We did that with the tractor that needed to have the loader removed to get engine work done on it. It worked just fine.

Aaron Z

Much simpler!

On that note, for the tractor stuck in the shed, what hand pumped, motorized, or electric version of alternate “off board” hydraulics could be adapted as the power source ?

1) Woodsplitter...