Loading dead tractor onto trailer

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #31  
Much simpler!

On that note, for the tractor stuck in the shed, what hand pumped, or electric motor version of alternate “off board” hydraulics could be adapted as the power source ?
A come along or a chain and vehicle to pull it out, a high lift jack to lift the loader.

Aaron Z

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #32  
How much air pressure would it take to raise a loader with an empty bucket?

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #34  
Just run a chain under the bucket and attach to the tractor frame. The winching of the tractor onto the trailer will raise the loader enough for it to slide onto the trailer. This is what the JD shop did with mine, I assume they reversed the process to remove the tractor from the trailer. Actually, it was a tilt bed truck, not a trailer.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #35  
Just run a chain under the bucket and attach to the tractor frame. The winching of the tractor onto the trailer will raise the loader enough for it to slide onto the trailer. This is what the JD shop did with mine, I assume they reversed the process to remove the tractor from the trailer. Actually, it was a tilt bed truck, not a trailer.

That is the simple, smartest and fastest way to do it!
If you don't have a winch, but do have a long strap, jackknife the tow vehicle in relation with the trailer, and use another vehicle to pull it up on the trailer, being careful not to over stress the trailer by pulling too hard.
David from jax

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #36  
It didn’t work. First I ran a chain around the Ford loader arms and worked the control while my brother lifted with the Kubota. I never thought that little tractor would lift the front tires of the 3 ton Ford, but it did. He then hooked a corner of the ’Bota bucket under that of the Ford and raised it enough so that I was able to get a block of wood under it. We can now drag it out with a chain as somebody suggested, but I don稚 want to go that route until I’m sure that I know what I’m doing.

Attachments

• 9A6F859F-4728-41FE-BDD1-3944537F78E0.jpeg
    9A6F859F-4728-41FE-BDD1-3944537F78E0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 125
   / Loading dead tractor onto trailer #37  
It didn稚 work. First I ran a chain around the Ford loader arms and worked the control while my brother lifted with the Kubota. I never thought that little tractor would lift the front tires of the 3 ton Ford, but it did. He then hooked a corner of the 達ota bucket under that of the Ford and raised it enough so that I was able to get a block of wood under it. We can now drag it out with a chain as somebody suggested, but I don遞 want to go that route until I知 sure that I know what I知 doing.
Evidently you didn't put it in float.

I have raised my loader with a jack while the control valve was in float.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #38  
A lot of these suggestions re using the starter just won't work when the U joint off the back of the engine disintegrates like mine did on the 4010.

Ralph

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #39  
A lot of these suggestions re using the starter just won't work when the U joint off the back of the engine disintegrates like mine did on the 4010.

Ralph

There are a lot of different suggestions here, about any will work given the correct set of conditions. Nobody, least of all me, is suggesting all will be appropriate every time. Obviously if the engine is not turning the hydraulic pump the starter will not raise the loader.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #40  
Evidently you didn't put it in float.

I have raised my loader with a jack while the control valve was in float.
It’s a 50 year old tractor and doesn’t have float. It should have released when I opened the valve though, right?