Loading dead tractor onto trailer

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #41  
I would not think it would have to go into float. I can lower my loader, 3 pt or whatever if I turn off the tractor with it raised. If you can get it high enough for blocks to go under the bucket then the weight of the tractor should move it if you work the valve as if you were raising it. Then just keep doing that till you get the clearance necessary.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #42  
We lifted the loader with a smaller tractor and picked the front tires off the ground, and it still wouldn't budge. There must be something which I'm missing, or a little bit of rust somewhere because it set for too long.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #44  
Maybe if you take the hoses off the cylinders it could move, otherwise remove the cylinders?

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #45  
Maybe if you take the hoses off the cylinders it could move, otherwise remove the cylinders?
That's a good suggestion, and what we will do the next time that I am down. In theory replacing the hoses after lifting should hold it in place, but I'm not going to plan on it. This is one of many projects on the property and I never get as much done as planned. I went down this spring, intending to work on the tractors. Instead it turned into an impromptu family gathering, and I didn't even make it into the barn.

/ Loading dead tractor onto trailer #46  
Sneak down there when nobody knows you are coming!
David from jax