loaned new trailer - broken axle

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #61  
Well my wife told her daughter that she was in complete agreement with me on this and that she should understand that I was not wantinting to loan her my truck and trailer after the last incident. She also explained that if I was able to be there to help that I would be. I have not been able to because of work. Also she pointed out to her that own Dad has offered nothing to help her out and is not even helping when he sitting at home. She also told her that my offer to rent a U Haul of her choice was a very generous offer and she should show some appreciation for that. My wife is a pretty fair women and I know she will do the right thing in the end. That is why I married her.

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #62  
deere755 said:
Well my wife told her daughter that she was in complete agreement with me on this and that she should understand that I was not wantinting to loan her my truck and trailer after the last incident. She also explained that if I was able to be there to help that I would be. I have not been able to because of work. Also she pointed out to her that own Dad has offered nothing to help her out and is not even helping when he sitting at home. She also told her that my offer to rent a U Haul of her choice was a very generous offer and she should show some appreciation for that. My wife is a pretty fair women and I know she will do the right thing in the end. That is why I married her.

She sounds like a keeper. Good for the two of you.

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #63  
shvl73 said:
Yes, my mistake.

I see the problem, I just don't think she's being fair to him. I think a spouse should at least try to be fair and understand. I don't think his wife is angry with him yet, maybe she sees the predicament he's being put into by her daughter and how generous he has already been. At least I hope so.

Quite possible. Maybe she now realizes how lucky she is to have him help.

I think she would laugh and realize I was kidding. We tend to try and work out our differences.

You are a lucky man then she is definetly a keeper if she would laugh when she saw that.

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #64  
deere755 said:

That is good and I have had the same issues I hung in there and bit my tongue a couple of times but as her children got older and my children go older we have both been getting the respect of the others children. A lot of that is what you said in your post happening. My wife had told her children that I do whatever they need to help while their dad wont do anything. What is getting very flattering to me is that her children now when they have a problem calle me first before they call her.

By the way since I never mentioned it in an earlier post I do respect that you offered a solution that you had to pay for instead of loaning her your truck that is a good thing you offered to do. I am sure your wife sees that your a good person and that is why she married you. I am also sure that she is telling her daughter how lucky she is that you have tried to help her.

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #65  
Jstpssng said:
That's the best advice I've seen. I learned a long time ago not to borrow anything I can't replace, and don't loan anything unless I don't need it back. (On the rare occasion I lend my tractor, I go with it.)
Good policy

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #67  
To the original poster. Have you got your trailer back yet? and was it repaired properly.

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #68  
I would stand up to her and tell her to rent her own truck. I wouldn't hesitate to point out that the truck and trailer were damaged the last time you were generous enough to loan them out. I would then point out that you WERE PAYING FOR the U-Haul, that is until the ungrateful attitude. If momma is mad about it, I quickly suggest a larger U-Haul and offer your assistance in loading momma's possesions as well.
:shocked::shocked:

/ loaned new trailer - broken axle #69  
3 years 2 months. Nothing like it.:thumbsup:

Chris