Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #11  
Who builds it foe JD? Ask the dealer then go buy it from that maker. I have a yanmar sx3100, the same tractor is a JD 2720. After end year sales/rebates I Paris 12k less then the JD model

That JD green paint is EXPENSIVE!!!:laughing:

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #12  
Right...You won't even miss that extra $60/month...:)

When a dealer runs that comment by me, I tell them that if they don't think it's that much, then they should pay it for me or discount the item by that same amount. Silence is the usual response.

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #13  
They call it a "lost leader" ad. Get you in the door, then bump you up.

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E
They call it a "lost leader" ad. Get you in the door, then bump you up.

Right, but even when I worked in retail and we ran loss-leaders, we actually had the product at the price advertised and could sell it if the customer wanted it. Which led to a lot of consternation at certain times of year when it seemed like very old and infirm people would crawl out of their graves to come and buy a $5 food processor without taking a look at ANYTHING else in the store. :)

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #15  
That JD green paint is EXPENSIVE!!!:laughing:

Yes it is.

My local JD dealer has apparently had some sort of falling out with JD corporate over that very issue. I didn't hear the whole story, but apparently they told JD that they were losing business to other brands because of the ridiculous price on that green paint. JD basically said to bad and the dealer said fine, we are longer exclusively JD. The only JD dealer in the county now has an increasing number of Cases and even Kubotas on the lot. As there are huge Case and NH dealers nearby, and also a big Kubota dealer, I'm guessing that the green paint was losing its high priced appeal.

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E
Yes it is.

My local JD dealer has apparently had some sort of falling out with JD corporate over that very issue. I didn't hear the whole story, but apparently they told JD that they were losing business to other brands because of the ridiculous price on that green paint. JD basically said to bad and the dealer said fine, we are longer exclusively JD. The only JD dealer in the county now has an increasing number of Cases and even Kubotas on the lot. As there are huge Case and NH dealers nearby, and also a big Kubota dealer, I'm guessing that the green paint was losing its high priced appeal.

Deere has a ridiculous franchise fee, as well. Dad had an experience with a place that used to sell Deere and then Deere came along wanting like $1M to keep them in the fold. They said "Nevermind."

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #18  
Deere has been forcing a lot of smaller single dealerships that have been in business for 60+ years out of business in my area. They want multiple dealerships that are large.

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #19  
Right, but even when I worked in retail and we ran loss-leaders, we actually had the product at the price advertised and could sell it if the customer wanted it. Which led to a lot of consternation at certain times of year when it seemed like very old and infirm people would crawl out of their graves to come and buy a $5 food processor without taking a look at ANYTHING else in the store. :)

No fault of the consumer- Even if it is a lost leader ad.
The consumer has every right to buy just the sale item and still be treated as a valued customer... jmo

On the jd fee to continue to be a dealer WOW

kind of reminds me of working at a chevron station as a college student, my boss had been a faithful Chevron dealer for over 20 years and got into a confrontation with the district rep, within a month Chevron doubled his rent and raised the price of all the Chevron products- after 2 months of heavily dipping into his saved retirement funds, he gave up and closed down to save what he had left...

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #20  
the kubota dealer - the owner had no idea what he would sell a used 10 hr machine for - the head/only sales guy gave me one price after a lot of hassles. then he gave me a higher price a couple of weeks later - more than a new machine. then he kept giving me the payment plan prices with the insurance for skipping out plan when i told him that i was paying cash. that raised the price a couple of thousand. By then I said Horsesh!t and bought my mahindra! never looked back. But that was definitely a scam scene at the kubota dealer.