Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #31  
Slightly off topic...

Back when Sony Video Cameras were in the $1200 range I went to Circuit City because they had a Sunday ad in the newspaper for $899... thing is they would not sell me one for $899... only $1249.

Had the ad in hand and could see I was not getting anywhere... apparently the ad was supposed to state 1 only at this price and it did not...

So I decided to pay the $1199 and started writing down everyone I had spoke with and the manager asked what I was doing... said I was just making sure I had all my facts straight for the lawsuit and didn't want it to be a surprise when he was served.

Explained to him I had to suffer damage from his misleading advertising and the quickest way to do this was to buy under protest and let a Judge decide...

I got the advertised price and before I had left the store there were signs going up on the doors saying the prices in the paper were door busters with quantities limited...

The details are always in the fine print... it there is fine print.

Once put the wrong price on a car for sale on the car lot... we had two identical Ford Courier Pickups... we honored the price as advertised and I had switched signs...

/ Local Dealer Playing Pricing Games? John Deere 3032E #32  
Complaints to the State Attorney General, Department of Consumer Affairs, County District Attorney and for good measure throw in the Better Business Bureau... if they also advertise with the Farm Coop or Farm Bureau... CC them too plus copies to the zone or field rep and the president/CEO of the company...

Thing is most consumers will never go through the motions...

What I have found to be most helpful is to show up at the Dealership with as many complaint forms as possible on a clip board and start jotting down the names of every person you contact with and their title noting date and times... also helps to have someone accompany you even if they never say a word.

Nothing gets attention faster than this approach in my experience... real people with real titles that you have interacted with.

Bait and Switch is fraud...

If you are questioned... simply say you want to make sure that you are 100% clear as to why the Nationally Advertised or Locally Advertised price is not available to you... a buyer ready to buy on the spot.

Consumer Protection is a big deal and trust me... once someone with business sense gets wind... things happen.

Two things to remember... the price or deal must be advertised and most consumer protections only apply to personal non-business applications...

Does Maryland have bait and switch laws

DITTO!

It is some times a hassle but everyone benefits in the long run. I have filed many complains over the last 30 years. The AG's office always tells me they will not represent me individually but as a class action. I rarely receive anything as a result of my complaint but I did one time many years ago. I do not remember the details but it had something to do with my mortgage. The mortgage company credited me with two months payments.