Log Hauler

/ Log Hauler #23  
Will this be to haul logs to your mill on your property? Or to trailer logs from other sites to your mill?

It looks ikke an H&H Trailer - here's a video

Looks like the one you may get has a roller bed but could work too.

/ Log Hauler #24  
Log weight is important?
:ROFLMAO:

IMG_3665.png

/ Log Hauler #25  
Will this be to haul logs to your mill on your property? Or to trailer logs from other sites to your mill?

Outstanding.

/ Log Hauler #26  
What are cheese blocks?
On the old trucks, the bunks were rather short.

hardtk.jpg

It may have been that one would just stuff the blocks under the log, which adjusted for the sizes of the logs to keep them from rolling around.

It may not really mater if one is just hauling short distances for personal use. Nonetheless, one has to spend some effort to chain the logs down well.

/ Log Hauler #27  
They likely weren't driving very fast on those tires and rims.

Unless it has some damage, I'd suspect a trailer designed to haul propane tanks would be pretty stout. If you look at the prices for offroad log carrying carts designed for ATVs, $500 is pretty cheap unless you run into some bearings that are shot and no longer to be found so that an entire axle needs to be replaced.

/ Log Hauler #28  
I like the idea for you planning doing with it,maybe some beefing up in joint spots.

/ Log Hauler

It's first mission will be to bring about 15 pine logs about 6 miles on 2 lane highway. They are about 15-20" x10'. Was hoping to be able to lift and load about 3 of them.

I went to look at the trailer this afternoon. It is well built, heavy duty, almost new Class D tires (rated at 2250 lbs each), already has 2 stout cross beams, hydraulic looking brakes (who can offer info about that system?), has at least 4:1 pulley system (it was raining didn't get great look), 3/8" cable is rusty but looks in good shape. The not so good: hand crank winch that moves 1/4" per crank. That thing will wear me out!!Going to need a 12v winch, but how big?

/ Log Hauler #30  
You can get this 12K winch for $280 or a 5K for $180 and with a 4-1 reduction I would think the 5K would be enough, but for $100 more i would just get the 12K. Then its a matter of adapting this to the frame - will likely take some mods to the pulley and mounts. 12,000 lb. Truck/SUV Winch with Wire Rope