Log Hauler

/ Log Hauler #32  
You can get this 12K winch for $280 or a 5K for $180 and with a 4-1 reduction I would think the 5K would be enough, but for $100 more i would just get the 12K. Then its a matter of adapting this to the frame - will likely take some mods to the pulley and mounts. 12,000 lb. Truck/SUV Winch with Wire Rope

My ZXR died on me trying to load a van 100 miles from home. I had previously purchased an Badlands APEX which was more or less bolt compatible with the ZXR, and I have it on now. The APEX used to be all synthetic, but now they have both cable and synthetic versions.

I like to have a little more than the minimum power. But, that may be more power than @HawkinsHollow needs, especially if they have a double pulley system.

What is the plan to load multiple logs? Get a couple of chains or straps under the bundle, and trying to lift the whole bundle together?

/ Log Hauler
What is the plan to load multiple logs? Get a couple of chains or straps under the bundle, and trying to lift the whole bundle together?
Yessir! Whole bundle together! The size of the arch will easily accept 3 or even 4 20" logs.

/ Log Hauler #34  
I moved a lot of tanks years ago. Those hand crank movers can lift an empty 1000 gallon tank easy enough but but we could legally haul it with a little gas, so add 10% [425 lbs] of propane and it gets hard to crank. I don't know how much more weight a trailer could handle.

/ Log Hauler
I moved a lot of tanks years ago. Those hand crank movers can lift an empty 1000 gallon tank easy enough but but we could legally haul it with a little gas, so add 10% [425 lbs] of propane and it gets hard to crank. I don't know how much more weight a trailer could handle.
What do you think they are rated to carry, if you had to guess?

/ Log Hauler #36  
OP curious, where is SE TN? I'm NE TN the S.O.F. area...

/ Log Hauler #37  
I'm using an 8-ton running gear for my off road log hauling. I prefer 4 wheels and a steering axel. I can load and haul with the same tractor easier.

/ Log Hauler #38  
I'm using an 8-ton running gear for my off road log hauling. I prefer 4 wheels and a steering axel. I can load and haul with the same tractor easier.
Me too,

IMG-0359-S.jpg

they work really good for log haulers.

SR

/ Log Hauler #39  
What do you think they are rated to carry, if you had to guess?
I would guess the week link would be the pulleys, cable, wench and arm strength of the operator.

The trailer might do alright with 3000 lbs. on a smooth road, at a slow speed and NO bumps. But this is all just a conservative guess.

/ Log Hauler #40  
I mean that a good point, I like that the trailer has the arch already setup and some other feature but to travel with long logs on public road on this short trailer seem sketchy. Do you already own a trailer ? I feel like a longer trailer (with perhaps two axel) would be better one would simply need to set a A frame and a winch.