Log Splitter

/ Log Splitter #31  
Yeah, this unit has the Prince valves on it, and they work very well. The auto forward valve overrides the auto reverse valve until it reaches the end of the stroke, and then kicks out. You can stop the stroke early just by taking the forward valve out of auto. Very cool.

O.K. I get it. The log splitter I use requires you to keep your hand on the valve for forward stroke. If you remove your hand, the ram stops.

To reverse you can either pull back on the lever and hold it there or go past the detente and it will then go back on its own until it reaches the bottom of the stroke, then it kicks the lever back to neutral.

I am kinda surprised that they sell a unit with an auto forward mode. That would seem kinda dangerous (spoken by me, a Power Trac owner! :laughing: ).

/ Log Splitter #32  
Your grandkids will really enjoy having that splitter when they grow up. That will outlast us all. Great purchase!

/ Log Splitter
I am kinda surprised that they sell a unit with an auto forward mode. That would seem kinda dangerous (spoken by me, a Power Trac owner! :laughing: ).

LOL!!! There are disclaimers all over it saying that it is only to be used by a professional.

Check out this numchuck - he consistently has his hand on the end of the log. And this vid is on the Super Split website. Just a matter of time before he loses a finger or two.

This splitter moves 4 times as fast as mine.

YouTube - Wood Log splitter

/ Log Splitter #34  
Yeah, I saw the speed on that thing! :shocked:
Impressive. But yikes! Easy to pinch off a finger quickly.

/ Log Splitter #35  
LOL!!! There are disclaimers all over it saying that it is only to be used by a professional.

When I first got our 2000 Impala LS, it was the first car I ever owned with the feature on the driver's window where if you hold the power window down button for a little bit, then let go, the window continues down. I was wondering why they wouldn't do the same thing for power UP? Then I thought about sticking my head out the window and realized it might not be such a good idea! :laughing: :confused3:

/ Log Splitter
When I first got our 2000 Impala LS, it was the first car I ever owned with the feature on the driver's window where if you hold the power window down button for a little bit, then let go, the window continues down. I was wondering why they wouldn't do the same thing for power UP? Then I thought about sticking my head out the window and realized it might not be such a good idea! :laughing: :confused3:

The new GM vehicles will allow you to cut your head off......

Haven't tried it yet......

/ Log Splitter #37  
The new GM vehicles will allow you to cut your head off......

Haven't tried it yet......

They might have some kind of torque limit on the window. This would be hard to do on the log splitter.

/ Log Splitter #38  
What is the 4th valve for???

/ Log Splitter #39  
Stray,

Read my post above. Post #29

/ Log Splitter #40  
O.K. I get it. The log splitter I use requires

Only if you have a habit of putting your hand on the end of the log, and then it has no mercy, as it goes to the end of the split and automatically returns.

It is just a time saver for those that need to save time.

They also have the fast extend log splitter valve that rapidly starts the split, and if the wood is light stuff, it work fast. If it slows or stops, then pull the handle back a little, and it goes into the power mode.