Looking for best cordless drill to purchase

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #41  
I'm a contractor that does remodels and repairs to houses. I've had most every brand mentioned and none of them compare to Makita. In my opinion, they are the best out there for the money. There are some specialty brands that might be better for a specific tool, but for an overall brand, they are the best. Mine are 18volt Lithium Ion batteries that cost about a hundred bucks each, or two for $150. I can go about two years of heavy use on a battery and I like to have at least four of them. Right now I have 7.

I rarely use my drill. Mostly it's just for mixing mud. I use my impact driver daily, and sometimes all day long. I have attachments for sockets, drills and of course, screws. If you get a driver, be sure to look into square and star drive screws. Once you start using them, you will hate every having to use Phillips heads screws.

Eddie

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #42  
I am looking for a new cordless drill as my last one has lasted over ten years with some pretty good use. I am looking for a middle to high grade. I'm not a contractor but generally use a drill on a weekly basis and want something that will last ten years or more, handle the load and demand of average to above average shop use.

What is your experience and recommedations?

Makita. Period, end of conversation.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #43  
once you use an impact driver (i have a ryobi) to drive screws the drill will be forgotten.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #44  
Makita makes quality stuff...no doubt about it...but those old batteries that had memories were sure a PITA to deal with...!

Unless the space program gets back on track...we will see a major slow down in advanced technology reaching the consumer level i.e., economical touch screens, Lithium Ion batteries etc. etc...

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #45  
Makita makes quality stuff...no doubt about it...but those old batteries that had memories were sure a PITA to deal with...!

Unless the space program gets back on track...we will see a major slow down in advanced technology reaching the consumer level i.e., economical touch screens, Lithium Ion batteries etc. etc...

And memory foam mattresses! :rolleyes:

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #46  
Dewalt 18v XRP's

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #47  
I have had a craftsman 19.2 volt for about 8 years now. I was in sears the other day and saw their bolt on system, so instead of switching out the batter you can just swap out the front to change to what tool you want. Looked interesting. But my drill is doing great.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #48  
I have had a craftsman 19.2 volt for about 8 years now. I was in sears the other day and saw their bolt on system, so instead of switching out the batter you can just swap out the front to change to what tool you want. Looked interesting. But my drill is doing great.

That system is also marketed with the Black and Decker Matrix label on it

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #49  
another Makita fan here. I started with the 6 piece 18V lithium kit, and have added a few
additional pieces.
The 4" grinder will kill the battery the quickest, but i love it's small impact gun, circular saw,
and sawzall. I purhcased the 450 1/2" drive impact afterwards for pulling wheels off
vehicles, beats dragging out the compressor and gun.
thinking about picking up the jigsaw, and a rotary type too also. there seem to be more
and more tools coming out for the system
i used to use my 12v dewalt, but this is a much nicer set.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #50  
I have one of the first battery operated Makita drills that was on US market. It screwed in thousands of screws. I had to put in new battery first time this year (after 28 years of use)
So I also think that Makita has good track record and is the best value for money.
I have also very good experience with HILTI. We had many hammer drills at work and those were absolutely bulletproof and best performing. No other drill took such abuse.