Buying Advice Looking for new or used garden tractor, something strong enough to plow, PTO, 3 pt hitch, don’t need mower attachment.

/ Looking for new or used garden tractor, something strong enough to plow, PTO, 3 pt hitch, don’t need mower attachment. #31  
Everyone has rocks.

A plow won't cut through ROCK. A tiller won't either. I'm assuming we're not talking about slicing through bedrock.

My 5' tiller jumps and bounces when it hits a big rock. No doubt about that. But a plow would hang up too and wouldn't magically remove the rock.

On a patch of land this small, the easiest way to cut it up and smooth it out is with a tiller. How would more rocks make a plow a better option?
Well i have to disagree ,i just tilled and disked up 6 food plots and i was shocked and had to get of the tractor and look at the single rock i found , I kept it to show my grandkids for some reason they all love rocks, in northeast mo we have very little rock.

/ Looking for new or used garden tractor, something strong enough to plow, PTO, 3 pt hitch, don’t need mower attachment. #32  
Well i have to disagree ,i just tilled and disked up 6 food plots and i was shocked and had to get of the tractor and look at the single rock i found , I kept it to show my grandkids for some reason they all love rocks, in northeast mo we have very little rock.
We don’t have many rocks on our farm in north western NY either. We are about 10 miles north and below a geographical feature called the “Onondaga escarpment”. A rototiller works very well here. I don’t use them because I don’t often work very small spots and the plow and disk are a lot more fun on larger areas.

My parent’s farm is about 20 miles away from here , and 1 mile south, and above the escarpment. Their place is loaded with rocks. It’s nearly impossible to work land with a rototiller there, but a plow and disk work ok.

Last edited:
   / Looking for new or used garden tractor, something strong enough to plow, PTO, 3 pt hitch, don’t need mower attachment. #33  
An old 4x4 jeep should do the job

willy

/ Looking for new or used garden tractor, something strong enough to plow, PTO, 3 pt hitch, don’t need mower attachment. #34  
Dad , has a John Deere 400 , it is an mid 80s model . This is about as heavy duty of a lawn / garden tractor as was built years ago . It has a fresh engine , no rear PTO or 3 point hitch . He will sell it for less than a grand .