Looking for tractor recommendations

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #21  
not everyone is as wealthy as you are.

Has nothing to do with wealth, which is a good thing because I'm not wealthy. It is more a matter of being overly extended in debt, not a good financial move if it isn't income generating.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #22  
OK..............

Back to the OP's question.

Buy a Subcut(with an FEL)(snowblower, backblade, boxblade, landscape rake), cause till you get done planting the rest of your trees in the open pasture, you have no hay. All you need at this point, is something to move snow(in the driveway), mow grass(2 acres), and a few other odd jobs.

Anything bigger(if the need should arise).............hire it out.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #23  
Maybe you should just stick to talking about NH. My Kubota doesn't have plastic fenders or hood. Maybe some JD owners will jump in and say whether or not they have plastic, can't speak for them.
I was thinking the same thing. My Kubota doesn't have plastic fenders or hood either.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #24  
Their website says nothing about 72 months.

http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/FinancialServices/Special-Offers/Documents/SpecialOffers.pdf

Is it $0 down and 0% like Kubota? It doesn't say and the example at the bottom of the page assumes a 20% down payment.

the website isnt always right and it may also depend on the state you are in and i didnt mean that all JD and Kubota's were plastic. the models that are competitive againist us here in Texas are palsti compared to ours being metal.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #25  
concerning plastic fenders, this only comes into effect, as far as i can tell, with the cab tractors, then its only the rear fenders. i believe there actually fiberglass not plastic. and it has to do with flexibility and noise control. i have a 45 hp cab tractor now, but ive been using my 28HP john deere loader for 14 years taking care of 30 acres. i use a snowblower, wood chipper, log splitter, weed sprayer, etc with this 4x4 tractor, and it has always done the job. This small of tractor will still lift nearly 1/2 ton in the bucket, and that sure saves the back. i got my larger tractor so i can mount a loader mounted snowblower to take care of our association roads. otherwise i wouldnt be selling the john deere.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #26  
the website isnt always right and it may also depend on the state you are in and i didnt mean that all JD and Kubota's were plastic. the models that are competitive againist us here in Texas are palsti compared to ours being metal.

John Deere. Kubota and New Holland all make some very good tractors, there are some subtle differences in arrangements that people can prefer more than others.

Most buyers of new tractors are leary of sale people who constantly knock or try to find fault with the competition all the time as you do. While I like New Holland I think you would be the last dealer on this forum I would want to buy a tractor from. In my businesses all my employees know I want them to keep their mouth shut when asked about the competition. I much prefer to stay on good terms with my competitors as all of us are trying to make a living. It would be much better for you to speak about the New Holland strengths and high points rather than trying to bad mouth the competition.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #27  
I don't think its a have to finance issue but at 0% why not. I could have paid cash for mine but what the heck its just less out of my pocket right now and it doesn't cost me anything.

Ditto! Free money for 6 years!

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #28  
Why would you take all that money out of an account that is making you interest, slap it all down on a tractor when that manufacturer will finance at 0% interest, and allow you to keep your money in your savings to draw that interest. Granted, interest rates are very low right now, but not under 0%. :confused2:

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #29  
Why would you take all that money out of an account that is making you interest, slap it all down on a tractor when that manufacturer will finance at 0% interest, and allow you to keep your money in your savings to draw that interest. Granted, interest rates are very low right now, but not under 0%. :confused2:

Probably not if it is a true 0%, but we got $1500 off for paying cash on our last tractor.

/ Looking for tractor recommendations #30  
I think the Kubota finance option has changed since I got mine a year and a half ago, in Canada it was 25% down, then 0% for 36 months. Still a good deal in my opinion.

TripleR had some good advice, look at what implements you need and build the tractor around them. Being able to move round bales means a bigger tractor than you need for the rest of your chores unless you want to use a 3ph bale spear.

Try to size the tractor based on your long term needs as much as possible, what you need today may be overkill 5 years down the road. If you need something big up front, either look closely at the resale value and be prepared to trade/sell down the road, or borrow/rent/hire the heavy work out for now.

Sean