Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series
I haven't sat on a 2015, but Deere dealer commented that the higher hood on the 4 cyl 5E was NOT well received by loader customers.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #12  
Those of you unhappy with expensive , complex and unreliable Tier IV diesel equipment . Take your concerns to those in the EPA and thier political masters who allowed Tier III , Tier IV and the upcoming Tier V emissions.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #13  
I haven't sat on any of the ones with new hoods yet. I wonder how loader visibility is with them? Looks like they went back to the old style rear fenders over the metal ones they had for years on this series. Wonder why that change? Easier to produce I guess.

are they the same as the round ones on the larger 5083E and 5085E and up models? i also think the non north american version have used round fenders for awhile

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #14  
I wouldn't kick it out of the barn.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #15  
Wow, that hood is a lot higher. I sometimes have to stand up now to see what my forks are doing (it was worst when I had shorter bucket clamp on forks). I can't imagine trying to see the forks (or bucket) with that hood.
Looks like they really cheapening the fenders. I thought they were going to the rounded European style, but even those cover the tire.

Seems like some pictures on the internet show the new style tractor with the exhaust moved to the right side, while some show what looks like the new tractor with the exhaust still on the left?

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #16  
Usually Deer ruins things with unproven (weak) new design ideas or nice fancy features that are unreliable or quit working entirely! Not saying Deere isn't maybe still at the top of quality, compared to others, but I am dissapointed in them for the reason I mentioned.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #17  
It's probably a price point thing on the E (for economy) series. The tier IV must be an additional cost so they have to make up for it somewhere as well as fit it.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #18  
3 cyl 5E,

I'm looking at ROPS fwa with loader, general farm use including 90 acres hay.

Ruination for me is Tier II to tier IV and the entire cosmetic redesign (hood, stack, fenders)

Compare a 2014 5075E to a 2015 5075E and you will see what I mean.

I haven't ruled out a 2014 or older 3 cyl 5E, just ruling out a brand new one.

You may want to take a look on Ebay, there is a Low Hour 5045E W/ Loader running right now at no reserve closes on Monday, 2011 John Deere 5045E Tractor Loader 4x4 279 Hours No Reserve | eBay

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series
Don't get me wrong, I'd take a 2015 if it was given to me, I just don't care for the "improvements"

55 would be the smallest I want since I need more PTO HP than the 45 offers. 55 would do the job, but 65/75 would be better.

I've driven the 9x3 and don't know if I would want it for loader work, had another post about the 9x3 versus the 12x12 and I like the 12 speed gearing, but not the shuttle switch gear etc.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #20  
Those of you unhappy with expensive , complex and unreliable Tier IV diesel equipment . Take your concerns to those in the EPA and thier political masters who allowed Tier III , Tier IV and the upcoming Tier V emissions.

I wouldn't waste my breath. It's naive to think that any of them give a tinker's dam what the taxpaying public thinks. They think (a) we work for them, and (b) they know what's best for us.