Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #21  
I wouldn't waste my breath. It's naive to think that any of them give a tinker's dam what the taxpaying public thinks. They think (a) we work for them, and (b) they know what's best for us.

i'm from the government and i'm here to help. yeah right

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #22  
I bought a new 2014 5075e (Tier 2) in November. After shopping for awhile I got wind of what was coming in 2015 and pulled the trigger quickly. Luckily I ended-up with a great dealer because the tractor has needed some attention (under warranty). I think I bought the right machine.
Last summer I sat on a 4066R (Tier 4) and noticed that the hood was about 12" taller than the 4720 which it replaced. Under the hood, I couldn't even see a motor, just a lot of stainless steel smog gear, or at least that was my impression. Besides that, because of the cab design I couldn't even see the loader bucket when it was raised. After that I started looking at the 5E series.
Visibility on the 5075E is great. The hood sits low and flat. I don't like the idea of a high temp, burn-off and don't pretend to know how that system works but what I do know is that heat dries things out prematurely. It can't be good for wiring and all the other plastic parts in its vicinity. I think the 5Es already experienced an unrelated heat problem with hydraulics that caused fuel tanks to melt, a problem that has since been solved.
Nobody has mentioned it here so far but I think the price of the 2015 5Es went up by $3000-3500 and the cost to maintain the Tier 4 system will come into play at some point. For those reasons, I'd bet I could sell my 5E for at least what I paid and that it will hold its value better than a Tier 4, just speculating... I would recommend searching for a Tier 2 machine. I've always preferred to buy my vehicles at the end of production, or last year for the model. It seems to me they've had some time to redesign imperfections. I think they hold their value better as well. I would avoid buying a reworked version in its first model year.
I realize there are other points of view. This is just mine...

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #23  
Which Tier motor came with the 2014 5055e?

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #24  
Which Tier motor came with the 2014 5055e?

The information I have is that the 5e series was Tier 2 in 2014 and switched to Tier 4 in 2015, skipping Tier 3 (if there is such a thing).

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #25  
Thanks LoudonNH! Tier 2 would be ideal.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #26  
Is it still made in India?

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #28  
The online 2014 manual says its tier 2. Yes, assembled in India. It is solid and simple design. There have been quality control issues with these models as you can read on the forums. But I looked long and hard and came to the conclusion that in this size tractor there really isn't a good competitor. Kubota is already selling all tier iv final around here, they ran out of non-emissions tractors a while back.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #29  
The online 2014 manual says its tier 2. Yes, assembled in India. It is solid and simple design. There have been quality control issues with these models as you can read on the forums. But I looked long and hard and came to the conclusion that in this size tractor there really isn't a good competitor. Kubota is already selling all tier iv final around here, they ran out of non-emissions tractors a while back.

I agree. There is no competition for the 5075e Cab. I looked at the Massey 4608 and found the cab layout to be awkward with the seat so low the dealer had been blocking them up for previous customers and the pedals so close together that it was difficult to use the foot throttle without hitting the brake pedal. The loader reminded me of what Deere produced a couple of series ago, with hard to reach grease fittings plus the bucket design is shallow and tall, not efficient for loader work. The Kubota 7040 is a bare-bones machine that gave me the impression that I was looking at yesterday's engineering. In both cases, the tractors might have been just a little bigger than the 5075e, but they also were more money and had Tier 4 emissions. For me, the dealer has made all the difference. In the case of the other two manufacturers, I have no doubt the service could not have compared to what my Deere dealer has provided.

/ Looks like Deere ruined the 5E series #30  
I bought a new 2014 5075e (Tier 2) in November. After shopping for awhile I got wind of what was coming in 2015 and pulled the trigger quickly. Luckily I ended-up with a great dealer because the tractor has needed some attention (under warranty). I think I bought the right machine. Last summer I sat on a 4066R (Tier 4) and noticed that the hood was about 12" taller than the 4720 which it replaced. Under the hood, I couldn't even see a motor, just a lot of stainless steel smog gear, or at least that was my impression. Besides that, because of the cab design I couldn't even see the loader bucket when it was raised. After that I started looking at the 5E series. Visibility on the 5075E is great. The hood sits low and flat. I don't like the idea of a high temp, burn-off and don't pretend to know how that system works but what I do know is that heat dries things out prematurely. It can't be good for wiring and all the other plastic parts in its vicinity. I think the 5Es already experienced an unrelated heat problem with hydraulics that caused fuel tanks to melt, a problem that has since been solved. Nobody has mentioned it here so far but I think the price of the 2015 5Es went up by $3000-3500 and the cost to maintain the Tier 4 system will come into play at some point. For those reasons, I'd bet I could sell my 5E for at least what I paid and that it will hold its value better than a Tier 4, just speculating... I would recommend searching for a Tier 2 machine. I've always preferred to buy my vehicles at the end of production, or last year for the model. It seems to me they've had some time to redesign imperfections. I think they hold their value better as well. I would avoid buying a reworked version in its first model year. I realize there are other points of view. This is just mine...
Solid advice. Is very reason I purchased a 2014 F150 this month versus 2015. Also was able to take advantage of extra rebates too. I have no desire or time to be a test case.