Lucky to be ALIVE!!!

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #11  
I ain't tellin y'all I told you so, but when the Old Gray Mare post was going on I made mention of this happening to her. All the advice that was given was go ahead and try it it will only hurt for awhile.
I am sorry to hear of your accident. I wish you a speedy recovery.

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #12  
Thanks for the heads up from a n00b with much to learn. Get better soon!

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #13  
Best wishes for a full recovery...

Everyone that wants to remove/short their seat/clutch, neutral safety switches should read this...

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #14  
Thanks for the heads up from a n00b with much to learn. Get better soon!

X 2!

We ALL (especially us NOOBIES) can learn from others experiences. Thanks for sharing, God's speed on your recovery.

Beavz

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #16  
G'day sorry to hear of your misfortune hope your recovery is a speedy one .

Jon

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #17  
So how was the shorting of the starter such a disaster? I'm assuming the tractor was in gear? More details needed before a directive can be made.

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #18  
I think you have the picture...hip replacement means heavy trauma. To work on a tractor engine, you have to be standing in front of the large rear wheels. If it should jump forward...well, there you are.

Here's wishing a speedy recovery, Gary!!

So how was the shorting of the starter such a disaster? I'm assuming the tractor was in gear? More details needed before a directive can be made.

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #19  
I think you have the picture...hip replacement means heavy trauma. To work on a tractor engine, you have to be standing in front of the large rear wheels. If it should jump forward...well, there you are.

Here's wishing a speedy recovery, Gary!!

1K X's what you said, because in addition to the unplanned total hip rpelacement, there was a Mercy Flight Airlift to the Level 1Trauma Center, not something they do on a whim for a hangnail or a broken ankle or something....

Gary, I'm glad you were able to keep the leg and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

Thomas (and Pat)

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #20  
Really?! Sorry you were hurt, glad you're not dead. BUT, how does anyone end up working on a starter on a gear tractor, with the tractor in gear, without disconnecting the battery negative post's cable?
This kind of 'accident' is totally preventable with just the bare minimum of common sense, and safety precautions in place before doing any wrenching....
BTW, those who disconnect seat switches and similar safety devices should get what they deserve when/if things go wrong, and hopefully not end up hurting an innocent bystander in the process.