M59 headaches

/ M59 headaches #1  

dsgsr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M59 ,Takeuchi TB175 Excavator, 2 dumptrucks.
Just found out all the headaches I've been having with my 2011 M59 are do to the Dealer turning up the hydraulics 900psi over spec's. I've replaced numerous hoses (blowing in odd places) I just thought Kubota used cheap hoses. I've had to have the Hydraulic Compression pipe replaced twice. Had other hyd. fittings crack. The dealer I'm taking it too now. Just called the other day to tell me. At 1300 hrs. I shouldn't be having any problems.

Back when I bought the tractor, it would only lift a loaded bucket of gravel about 3/4 of the way to full height. Took it back in and it was fixed. When I got it home it worked Great. I call to thank them, the person I talked with said they turned it up to 110%. I said I didn't ask for that, They said it was within spec's. So I have spent well over $1k fixing or having things replace because the pressure being to high. The New dealer states 110% is NOT within spec's.

Think I have any recourse? I don't.

David

/ M59 headaches #2  
Nope.

/ M59 headaches #3  
If you have deep pockets, plenty of time and a good attorney, you might get some satisfaction, but you will not come out ahead.

/ M59 headaches #4  
Thats a really specific job to turn the hydraulics up. First you would have to do the main. Then go to each valve and set those as well. Lots of relief valves to adjust. Have you put a gauge on anything to see what psi your at?

/ M59 headaches #5  
Thanks for sharing your experience and hopefully help someone else. Wish there was fair recovery mechanism for all the time and money lost. Hope your M59 like mine gives you many hours of trouble free service now.

/ M59 headaches #6  
Seems like 900 PSI over spec must be something more than "110%". Isn't it more like 135%?

/ M59 headaches
See First post. Dealer it is at now said it was 900psi over spec's. New dealer is having to split the tractor (Some internal pump is not working). Was working when I took it to them. Been without for 2.5 weeks now. Bad time of the yr. to be without a tractor. Stay AWAY from (Dorr's Equipment/Kubota in Bangor,Maine).

David

/ M59 headaches #8  
Split tractor? Both hydro pumps are external, only internal pump is the hst if I am not mistaken.

/ M59 headaches #9  
Thats a really specific job to turn the hydraulics up. First you would have to do the main. Then go to each valve and set those as well. Lots of relief valves to adjust. Have you put a gauge on anything to see what psi your at?

A hydraulic gauge is a real good idea for any tractor. And it especially makes sense when getting conflicting stories from two different dealers. Gauge readings beat guesswork every time. On the old JD I put a pressure gauge on a tee fitting right in the high pressure line to the FEL control valve. For about $20, it shows me exactly what the FEL hydraulics are doing. There is absolutely no reason why every hydraulic system doesn't have gauges.

Remember, if using a glycerine type fluid damped gauge in cold climates it needs to be rated for low temperature.... or I guess you could change the glycerine to std 50/50 antifreeze. Pressure gauges without fluid damping don't have low temperature problems & for tractors they work just as well. Get a gauge with roughly twice the expected pressure. In this case I would say 5000 psi is minimum.
rScotty

/ M59 headaches
Split tractor? Both hydro pumps are external, only internal pump is the hst if I am not mistaken.

This is what the service manager is telling me. It is the pump that swings the hoe and operates the 3pth. The hoe swung just fine before I took it to them.

David