M59 headaches

/ M59 headaches
Well Folks, Not sure what to think. I just went to the dealer and put the tractor through some paces. Service manager almost had me convinced that the tractor had to be split. He said the shaft coming out of the Trans was not turning the the hydro. pump and Hoe wouldn't swing and 3pth would not work. I started the tractor and the hoe swung. Went in and told the service manager and he said, no the hoe won't dig (not what he said over the phone). Well we went back out and I Showed him that it would swing and the boom and dipper and bucket worked just fine. We unplug the hoe and the 3pth worked just fine. They will have it all back together next week. Are they just incompetent or were they going to take me for a ride? They would have made a lot of $$ on splitting a M59 to replace a 50-100 $ part. It was a collar that connects to drive splines. They claim they have done this before a few times.

David

/ M59 headaches #22  
What a mess. If your with backhoe, idle up a little and swing boom to one side and jerk control lever to the opposite direction. See if goes neutral again.

/ M59 headaches #23  
Well Folks, Not sure what to think. I just went to the dealer and put the tractor through some paces. Service manager almost had me convinced that the tractor had to be split. He said the shaft coming out of the Trans was not turning the the hydro. pump and Hoe wouldn't swing and 3pth would not work. I started the tractor and the hoe swung. Went in and told the service manager and he said, no the hoe won't dig (not what he said over the phone). Well we went back out and I Showed him that it would swing and the boom and dipper and bucket worked just fine. We unplug the hoe and the 3pth worked just fine. They will have it all back together next week. Are they just incompetent or were they going to take me for a ride? They would have made a lot of $$ on splitting a M59 to replace a 50-100 $ part. It was a collar that connects to drive splines. They claim they have done this before a few times.

David

Well, I'm glad you took the trouble to dig deeper and so found out what several other mechanics in this thread have been suspecting....that diagnosis sounded fishy.

There is no way I know of to tell if they are "just incompetent or trying to take you for a ride". And isn't that always the problem? IMHO, you pretty much have to assume the first unless hard evidence points to the latter.

Hmmm.....Let me change that....I just reread the last sentence you wrote where they claim to have done this before a few times. Frankly, I doubt that statement. Butit should be easy enough to confirm. Especially since the configuration of the Kubota TLBs with HST+ is not common to the rest of the Kubota tractors.

If it were me, I'd skip past the service manager and everyone else on the management list to go have a chat directly with the owner of the business. It might give him the support he needs to make changes....or not. Either way, you learn something.
rScotty

/ M59 headaches #24  
I have heard (Dorr's Equipment/Kubota in Bangor,Maine) is a good place to stay away from on several occasions..

/ M59 headaches
Thank you all for your advice/push to check it out further.

David

/ M59 headaches
Finally got my M59 home this past Wednesday. No explanation of
"the pump not pumping hydro oil" They claim it happened but can't explain why the tractor worked fine when I went to check it out.

I hope it is just an incompetent Mechanic, not a precursor to problems to come.

David