M7060 Tire Choices

/ M7060 Tire Choices #1  

cedarstump

Tractor
Kubota M7060
I am currently looking at buying a M7060 open station and have question about the tire choices. From reading forums looks like most prefer the Radial Tires as it gives a wider tire up front. my questions is when going to the radials it seems the rear tire is changed from a 30" rim to a 34" rim. Is this correct or a misprint in the Kubota specs?

Agricultural Tires - Bias (R1)
FRONT - 9.5-24 R1 Titan Tru Grip Lug
REAR - 16.9-30 R1 DURA TORQ 17 mm holes
FRONT - 9.5-24 R1 Goodyear Dura Torque
REAR - 16.9-30 R1 Goodyear Dura Torque Cast
FRONT - 9.50-20 R1 Bridgestone Farm Service Lug M
REAR - 16.9-24 R1 Titan Hi Traction Lug TL 2.8"offset
Agricultural Tires - Radial (R1)
FRONT - LSW320/70R24 GDYR OPTI R1W
REAR - LSW 420/75R34 GDYR OPTI R1W

FRONT - 320/85R20 R1W ALCE FRMPRO
REAR - 420/85R30 R1W ALCE FRMPRO CAST

Last edited:
   / M7060 Tire Choices #2  
Welcome to TBN and the forum cedar stump. Radials will provide added traction. This may be important if the majority of your work will be farming. Added traction will equal less fuel consumption over any given project. Radials WILL require a special wheel. Radial & bias tires are not put on the same type wheel. Radials will, normally, be more expensive.

I assume the M7060 you are looking at is 4WD. In this case, the size of the front vs rear wheel/tire combination MUST be matched to the gearing of the 4WD system.

As tractors get larger - the option for varying wheel/tire sizes will increase. Some of the larger tractors( 125 to 175 hp range) will have upwards of 20 to 25 differing combinations available.

Unless you feel that the added benefits of radials are really necessary - I would stick with R1 bias ply tires. Check the difference in prices on that new tractor. You may be surprised. I would not be the least bit surprised to find that radial wheels plus radial tires will add - $3500 to $5000 to the cost of that new Kubota.

Now if you factor the added cost of the radials over their expected life span vs the fuel savings - it could result in a savings if you are a large scale farming operation.

/ M7060 Tire Choices #3  
Welcome to TBN and the forum cedar stump. Radials will provide added traction. This may be important if the majority of your work will be farming. Added traction will equal less fuel consumption over any given project. Radials WILL require a special wheel. Radial & bias tires are not put on the same type wheel. Radials will, normally, be more expensive.

I assume the M7060 you are looking at is 4WD. In this case, the size of the front vs rear wheel/tire combination MUST be matched to the gearing of the 4WD system.

As tractors get larger - the option for varying wheel/tire sizes will increase. Some of the larger tractors( 125 to 175 hp range) will have upwards of 20 to 25 differing combinations available.

Unless you feel that the added benefits of radials are really necessary - I would stick with R1 bias ply tires. Check the difference in prices on that new tractor. You may be surprised. I would not be the least bit surprised to find that radial wheels plus radial tires will add - $3500 to $5000 to the cost of that new Kubota.

Now if you factor the added cost of the radials over their expected life span vs the fuel savings - it could result in a savings if you are a large scale farming operation.

I did not take the time to look it up but the premium for Radial tires/rims on the 7060 is much less than $3,000-$5,000. BTDT when I bought my 9960.

The radial package offered for the 7060 includes considerably wider front tires replacing the standard pizza cutter bias ply front tires. Unfortunately, these front tires are offered on one piece front wheels/rims, limiting front tire adjustment to two positions.

Not sure about available rear rim options bias or radial but your dealer should be able to tell you if you cannot determine from the web site.

SDT

/ M7060 Tire Choices
The Price difference from Bias to Radial is less than $400. Just not sure why the change in rear tire to a 34" rim when all others are at 30". Like others have said the 9.5" front Bias tires will make ruts when using the loader

/ M7060 Tire Choices #5  
I went with radials and cost was $330.00 they are some big tires and put a very large footprint on the ground, worked well with 2K on the pallet driving around on sod, did a 20 mile drive on the highway and they were only warm and are filled with water, didn't need any more ballast to pick up 2k.

/ M7060 Tire Choices
I went with radials and cost was $330.00 they are some big tires and put a very large footprint on the ground, worked well with 2K on the pallet driving around on sod, did a 20 mile drive on the highway and they were only warm and are filled with water, didn't need any more ballast to pick up 2k.

Thanks for the info. Are your rears the 34” rim?

/ M7060 Tire Choices #7  
Personally knowing tractors I like the 34" better! The radial tire life and traction benefits go away if you load the tires instead of using cast weights!!! The offset of what the loader can lift can be an issue depending on what your uses are. The 30" does come with cast centers for more weight to offset the smaller tire height. To just be using for utility duty not day to day farm work the 30" tires will work. The plus of the 34" tires is the length of the foot print on the ground for traction on pulls. Both seem to work well!

/ M7060 Tire Choices
Ok thanks. That's what I wanted is the 30" Radial but it isn't listed as an option unless you get the cast rear Rims. Are yours Goodyear?

/ M7060 Tire Choices #10  
You have two choices of radials with the 4wd open cab model 34" Goodyear or the 30" farmpro, subsidy of Yokohama. They do list cast rears, but mine don't look cast
'