M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #91  
Thanks Rustyiron, I will show them to my brother, he is still working on it and we are going to add an air ride seat thanks to help from 4shorts.:thumbsup:

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard
Very impressive bracket work. You've built a bracket that is ever bit as strong as the cast loader mount you are fastening to. You would have to break that cast mount or shear the bolts at the tractor frame before you'd have failure at that bracket!!! Very impressive!!!!!

Larry, show these pics to your Brother. I'm betting he can build those!!!

Edit: Shoulda read Larry's post before I added my comments.

RustyIron, very impressive design. I'd have never thought of that.

Thanks Rustyiron, I will show them to my brother, he is still working on it and we are going to add an air ride seat thanks to help from 4shorts.:thumbsup:

Larry, post thread concerning the air seat mod. I'd try that on mine.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #94  
Larry, post thread concerning the air seat mod. I'd try that on mine.

We are using the same method as 4shorts and mrmetalweld57, Paul is actually doing the seat pan modification, we are just bolting it back together.

Another member, I forget who, said I can use the OEM seat on our M8540 and just install the Kubota OEM air ride base. I think the cost is about $500-$600, the Grammar going in my L5740 is $1100. I am going to wait until spring to do the M8540.

Thanks Larry, I'll research that. Never thought about using a Kubota part. Figured it was all homemade mods.

Bug Paul about taking pictures. Gotta get him involved in this website to scavenger his knowledge and talent!!! ;)

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #96  
Thanks Larry, I'll research that. Never thought about using a Kubota part. Figured it was all homemade mods.

Bug Paul about taking pictures. Gotta get him involved in this website to scavenger his knowledge and talent!!! ;)

He heavily modded his 4240 then got his 5740 modded the heck out of it then a BX25D, if we could just convince him to get an 95/8500, we would both be set.:thumbsup:

He heavily modded his 4240 then got his 5740 modded the heck out of it then a BX25D, if we could just convince him to get an 95/8500, we would both be set.:thumbsup:

Heheheheh. Hope you guys enjoy your shared time together as much as my Brother and I. We are truly Blessed. Happy New Year my friend Larry!!!

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #98  
Heheheheh. Hope you guys enjoy your shared time together as much as my Brother and I. We are truly Blessed. Happy New Year my friend Larry!!!

Happy New Year Richard; will be thinking of you and your brother, nothing like a close family.

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #99  
I just read the whole thread. You guys got me thinking now!!. My tractor came off and orchard and it main job was removing old trees/stumps and stacking brush. Ford made one **** of a brush guard up front, but the guys still manages to SMASH the grill and push the oil cooler into the radiator. I was thinking of akin a lower "screen" to stop debris from going in under the brush guard. but now I think I am going to follow OVRSZD idea and weld expanded metal to the factory brush guard and make a lower one as well. Might as well make some sides too!!.

As for the skid plates, that is a Great design. I am going to have to make something similar. My Hydraulic filter and Trans filter are going to be Very exposed once I remove the underslung exhaust in favor of a hood stack. Also my P/S hoses are low and pretty exposed. I wonder If I could make some sort of skid plate for them

As for the ROPS. With the pics posted, I am wondering If I could make a "cage" like a skidder or forestry dozer would have

/ M9540 Belly Skid Plate/Brush Guard #100  
I've worked closely with a Kubota dealer, a large one here in S. GA. I've made several hundred brush guards, and one H.D. belly pan for him...as well as redesign some older stock buckets to take a quick hitch. The idea of a belly pan to me is to leave a "clean" underside where the entire tractor can slide over obstacles such as stumps without catching or snagging on anything, and to direct any brush or debris gently away from the tractor. Here's the one I built for him about 4 years ago.

Attachments

• kubota belly24.jpg
    kubota belly24.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 360
  • kubota belly20.jpg
    kubota belly20.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 223
  • kubota belly14.jpg
    kubota belly14.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 405
  • kubota belly 1.jpg
    kubota belly 1.jpg