Machu Picchu

/ Machu Picchu #41  
Something tells me right about now...Eddie is having way more fun than any of us.....:laughing:

If he is like me, he will be in his hotel room in Cusco with an oxygen tube in each nostril, drinking cocoa tea.

/ Machu Picchu
First I have to thank all of you for all the great advice. Peru was amazing. Really one of the most amazing places that I've been. This was my 26th country, and easily one of the top five!!!! Everyone was friendly, Cusco and Aquas Caliente where clean, safe and beautiful. The train was the best I've ever been on, and I've taken them in Europe and Asia. The Inca Ruins are beyond belief. Both in the settings and the skill taken to build them. The size of the boulders that they worked, then moved and fitted together is very impressive.

Machu Picchu truly deserves to be one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. The location is as good as it gets. Just being up there and looking around was amazing, but then to wonder through the place and see all the buildings was almost too much. I took over 800 picutures that day!!!!

Overall, I took 2,577 pictures. I have a Canon SX35 point and shoot camera with a 16 gb card in it. I had room from about 1,500 more pics when I got home, so I'm very pleased with how that worked out. Great camera, perfect for travel!!!

The toilet paper concerns where never a problem for me, but the girl I went with had to pay for it a few times when out in town. Not flushing it down the toilet was weird. They have a sign right in front of the toilet, so when you are sitting on it, that's what you read. They want it in the trash can!!!

The elevation was a problem for my friend. She got altitude sickness in Cusco. She also got food poisoning in Lima and spent the last day of the trip in bed, throwing up.

I'm posting pics on an album on facebook. It's faster and easier for me to do it that way, so unless anybody asks, I'll just post a link here for anybody who wants to see them. They are open to the public, so you don't have to send a friend request or anything to see them.

Facebook

Thank you to everyone who helped and gave me advice. I really appreciate it!!!!
Eddie

/ Machu Picchu #44  
I'm posting pics on an album on facebook. It's faster and easier for me to do it that way, so unless anybody asks, I'll just post a link here for anybody who wants to see them. They are open to the public, so you don't have to send a friend request or anything to see them.

Facebook

FYI, I tried the link and FB said it was not available.

Glad you had fun though the being sick on vacation is not fun. BTDT.

Later,
Dan

/ Machu Picchu #46  
Wow Awesome Pics. Where there a lot of things in english and spanish? Did you notice a language barrier?

/ Machu Picchu #47  
I just tried the link and it worked perfectly.

MoKelly

I have tried and no luck...here is what I get..." This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page. "

" Return home " So you must have to have a Facebook account...I don't and won't so I'm sure they are nice pics.

/ Machu Picchu
I didn't know that you had to have an account to see pics that I made available to everyone. I'll post a few on here, but it wont be anything like what I'm posting on there.

Most of the people spoke some english, and those who didn't, tried real hard to understand one way or another. The menu's at most places had english on them, and if you asked, there was the tourist menu. It was in english, cheaper and had three dishes. That was the best deal every time!!!!

We relied on the hotel to call the taxi for us, and that worked out great. They told us how much it would cost to take the taxi, and it was always very fair.

Shopping was always about them starting out at a crazy price and then offering them half. If you went to enough places, half seemed to be the going price.

Eddie

12.jpg17.jpg19.jpg063.jpg65.jpg096.jpg110.jpg145.jpg