Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak.

/ Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak.
Hi TractorNH. Thanks for the advise. You and I have talked about the engine oil filters before. I purchased the Mahindra filter from the local dealer, the new model # filter, plus they charged shipping. The cost to me was just over $45. No online suppliers could get the new filter, in fact, they weren't aware of the change. I posted info for the NAPA Gold 1324 oil filter back in February 2019. I did research on this filter and the Mahindra filter. Mahindra changed to a different filter, per a tech info bulletin, #18.012, August 2018. The new filter, 006016642V91, is made by Mahle. I called Mahle, but they can't give out info on this filter. I also called or wrote to about every major filter manufacture there is and I got the same story, proprietary patented filter by Mahindra and no one can manufacture these. I then talked to the local Mahindra dealer mechanics. They also sell and repair Case IH. They have Mahindra tech specs for the engines, that are not available to us. I gave the mechanic the NAPA Gold filter spec sheet. He looked at the 2555 engine specs and told me it would be OK to use it. He would not copy the engine specs for me. I then contacted a good friend of mine from Phoenix, Arizona. He's an instructor at an automotive tech school, and he specializes in diesel engines. He has a degree in mechanical engineering. He studied the issue of using the NAPA filter and told me to try it. He was sure it would be fine. So I installed it my last oil change, and with around 25 hours since I installed the NAPA filter, the tractor still runs fine. My friend told me to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge as a back up. I haven't done that yet. The dealer mechanic was sure the tractors computer would shut the engine down, if there was a problem. I don't doubt your thoughts on this. I have concerns about this also. I just feel confident in my decision.

/ Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak. #32  
Hi there Masempine. My PSU is doing well. No leaks at this time and I have put around 40 hours on it since I did the PSU rebuild. The steering works fine. I'm very happy, and I saved some money. I don't know what the difference between the old PSU part number and the newer PSU number. I have a feeling SINJIN put Viton seals in the later unit. I talked to my local Mahindra dealer about the PSU leaks and now they started performing rebuilds. They said they have zero leaks. Take care.
Hi! I'm going through this issue with my dealer/service on my 2555 right now. The service manager has been just looking for a new pump ($1400 or so). I sent him the info you provided about a rebuild and he is looking into it for me. He's gonna call the o-ring place that you posted and see if they have these in stock.

How goes the tractor since you posted all this? I would be excited to save tons of $$$ doing a rebuild vs. a part replacement. Do you have any updates? Thanks for this thread!

Karl

/ Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak.
Hi Karl! I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles. I hope you're talking about the same item. The part I rebuilt is the power steering control valve, right below the steering wheel. Since I rebuilt my control valve, I have put 120 hours on the tractor, and no leaks. Not even a drop of fluid. It steers fine, maybe better than before, because it was probably leaking internally. It's a simple rebuild. It's all o-rings, a quad ring and a dust lip seal. The hardest part was removing the steering wheel. I had to drill the wheel's metal hub in order to install my puller. The dealer may have the correct puller for this. I just had a car/truck wheel puller. Removing and installing the control valve wasn't too bad, but not easy. Once the control valve is on the work bench, it's an easy repair. Used new Viton seals. Good luck!

/ Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak. #34  
My 2016, Mahindra 2555 HST, with 236 hours, started dripping oil from the steering column cover area to the floor. The leak is coming from the upper seal on the control valve. It's a drip type leak that get worse as the tractor heats up. The part number for the control valve is 14524054002 and it's not under warranty. This is the new replacement number for the old one, 001. The local Mahindra dealer told me the control can't be rebuilt and a new valve cost around $1000. Not cheap! Has anyone had the same problem with this valve? If so, did you try to repair the control valve or just replace it. I am sure this part was made for Mahindra, but by who. I'll remove it and disassemble it. I would like to see if anything in the valve can be replaced. I figure, nothing to loose. At the least, I'll just have to buy a new valve. Thanks.
Does anyone know the difference between Sinjin 1452-405-400-1 versus -2 versus -3?

The Mahindra parts site indicates the -2 is the current replacement but I noticed that billstractor.net has -3 as the replacement and is quite a bit cheaper.

Also, if I replace this myself should I be worried about any pressure in the lines when I disconnect or does pressure automatically release when tractor shuts off? Just trying to determine how and if I should replace myself. I live quite a long distance from a service provider.

/ Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak. #35  
Does anyone know the difference between Sinjin 1452-405-400-1 versus -2 versus -3?

The Mahindra parts site indicates the -2 is the current replacement but I noticed that billstractor.net has -3 as the replacement and is quite a bit cheaper.

Also, if I replace this myself should I be worried about any pressure in the lines when I disconnect or does pressure automatically release when tractor shuts off? Just trying to determine how and if I should replace myself. I live quite a long distance from a service provider.
Just crack the connection slowly to remove any trapped pressure. Unless there is a lot of air in that circuit, there isn't much energy.

/ Mahidra 2555 HST power steering control valve leak. #36  
I got someone from Sinjin to reply to me. They only sell to OEM's. I requested a schematic and/or a parts list from the current -3 model. I'll share if they share.