Mahindra Attachment prices

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #41  
specialkkl said:
One thing that I have not seen mentioned here is the most important for MAHINDRA. When people go to a Mahindra dealer and have problems ordering an implement or expensive spray paint they tend to get scared and run to a better known name. MAHINDRA needs to GO BIG OR GO HOME. I don't want to go to a tractor dealer with two tractors and 1 oil filter on the shelf. Nor would I shop at a store with 2 gallons of milk. It is psycological buts I am sure it makes some people feel MAHINDRA is to rinky dinky to be around next year. If I hadn't received a crazy divorce deal on my 2615 I would never have invested in a company with such a small network. I am now the Happy owner with the only complaint that my dealer is an hour away. Luckily he is pretty good. Most customers don't get that far

The implement issue may take a while to go away. :( But the paint price thing is a dealer issue. I called my dealer parts guy inquiring about the price of Mahindra spray paint cans. He couldn't find a price. I drove over to talk to the salesman (he is too busy to catch on the phone) and told him I needed some red paint and parts couldn't find a price. He took me out and gave me two cans right out of their werehouse. He wants my return business. Not only for Mahindra stuff, but Stihl and Hustler parts and Snapper parts before that. I am sold on Mahindra, but I bought the dealer also. :cool:

hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #42  
specialkkl said:
One thing that I have not seen mentioned here is the most important for MAHINDRA. When people go to a Mahindra dealer and have problems ordering an implement or expensive spray paint they tend to get scared and run to a better known name. MAHINDRA needs to GO BIG OR GO HOME. I don't want to go to a tractor dealer with two tractors and 1 oil filter on the shelf. Nor would I shop at a store with 2 gallons of milk. It is psycological buts I am sure it makes some people feel MAHINDRA is to rinky dinky to be around next year. If I hadn't received a crazy divorce deal on my 2615 I would never have invested in a company with such a small network. I am now the Happy owner with the only complaint that my dealer is an hour away. Luckily he is pretty good. Most customers don't get that far
I understand what you're saying... but you've also got to accept the reality that a lot of these Mahindra dealerships are either brand new start-ups or they are old dealerships converted from an "old school" brand that abandoned them (think: JD or M-F). At least that's the case in my area. In several cases, JD abandoned them as part of their consolidation push simply BECAUSE they were small dealers. On the other hand, the dealers that have been Mahindra dealers for a while now seem to be growing, expanding and doing quite well. In other words, be patient. The process still has a long way to go before it catches up completely with the long established names.

Dougster

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #43  
jsaunders said:
Dougster where are you in MASS? I'm in New Ipswich right on the Ashby/ Fitchburg line.

Joel
He won't tell you, but I will... he is in Buzzards Breath Massachusetts, which is near the RI line..

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #44  
LarryRB said:
He won't tell you, but I will... he is in Buzzards Breath Massachusetts, which is near the RI line..
But at least I can still occasionally afford to buy gasoline in this state!!! ;)

My jaw just drops at your Connecticut fuel prices. :eek:

Dougster

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #45  
specialkkl said:

Fyi, if you do a dealer search on the Mahindra page it comes up with 3 dealers less than 40 miles away from the Buffalo, NY zip code....one of which is Lawall's Tractor who posts on here.

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #46  
I don't have a problem with the Dealer. My dealer is Lawall's who has been great. My two cents is just about Mahindra backing these guys up and having marketing and programs to enable them to have more product on the floor without the little guy footing the entire bill. Mahindra will go nowhere in the USA with two tractors on the lot and no parts or implements in the store.

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #47  
There will always be those smaller dealers and larger dealers regardless of the brand.

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #48  
AchingBack said:
Yesterday I had to visit my dealer for some gray spray paint. I was unpleasantly surprised to learn it was ten bucks and change per can.

Now as to the Mahindra implements. He reiterated he will not be carrying the Mahindra badged, Kodiak implements. Two reasons are: He gets a better price break from his other manufacturers, and the implements he carries are a higher grade.

It might be nice to have everything red with a big Mahindra logo on it. For now, I am totally happy with by Bush Hog implements.

I made a trip down by the Kodiak plant the other day,Well the shipping truck had some Mahindra rotary cutters on it.
So I thank they are made at Kodiak?
Thanks Bruce