Massey 135 3 point

/ Massey 135 3 point #1  

Mrpickle

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135, Allis Chalmers B
I have a Massey Ferguson 135 with the Z145 Continental engine. I bought a woods rotary mower and my tractor will not pick it up. I have a finish mower that it picks up but it is jerky when it picks it up. If I stand on the mower it wont pick me and the mower up. Is it worth trying to change the fluid in this or should I open it up and look at rebuilding the pump. Dumb question but I figure it is worth asking.

Mrpickle

/ Massey 135 3 point #2  
Do you have gear levers on top of the trans? If so check the rubber covers. Sounds like you do have some water in your oil

/ Massey 135 3 point #3  
Check your toplink, there sould not be any slack in and out, if there is you will often have problems lifting anything heavy, if this is ok then check the pressure.
Have you cleaned the suction filter on the pump?

/ Massey 135 3 point
I do have gear levers on top. I don't use the tractor a lot and it has sat outside quite a bit so I think I will drain the fluid this weekend and clean the strainer and then go from there. Thank you for answering my post.

/ Massey 135 3 point
I do not have any slack in the top link. I think I will drain the fluid this weekend and clean the strainer refill and then go from there. Thank you for replying to my post.

/ Massey 135 3 point #6  
I do not have any slack in the top link. I think I will drain the fluid this weekend and clean the strainer refill and then go from there. Thank you for replying to my post.

Try removing the top link and run a chain from the mower where the top link fastens, to the tractor away from where the normal top link fastens. Re:the spring loaded link. Try lifting the mower carefully this way. This procedure is noted in a thread here but I cant find it. From what I remember if the tractor will lift it with the chain, the control valve linkage needs adjustment. The spring loaded link is connected to the control valve linkage as a part of the "Ferguson system".
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...rating/310853-mf135-hyd-lift-not-working.html this is one thread but there is a better, more informative one out there I cant find.

Last edited:
   / Massey 135 3 point #8  
I have a Massey Ferguson 135 with the Z145 Continental engine. I bought a woods rotary mower and my tractor will not pick it up. I have a finish mower that it picks up but it is jerky when it picks it up. If I stand on the mower it wont pick me and the mower up. Is it worth trying to change the fluid in this or should I open it up and look at rebuilding the pump. Dumb question but I figure it is worth asking.

Mrpickle

Any progress????

/ Massey 135 3 point
Not really I drained the fluid and it looked like chocolate milk. I pulled the strainer and tried to clean it but after letting it soak in our parts washer at work I decided to get a new one. I plan on putting it back together Saturday. I talked with a Massey mechanic and he said for me to make a 50/50 mixture of diesel fuel and hydraulic fluid and run the tractor with that for a little bit then drain it and refill with fresh fluid before I try lifting anything. Unfortunately I haven't had much time off from work to work on my own projects.