Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #81  
Should be a book , white full size operating manual as well as one for the loader. Look in compartment behind the seat

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #83  
Picked up my 1736 today. Does anyone know if a digital copy of the manual exists? Mine did not come with a manual. I am going to contact the dealer Monday but I would rather not have to wait a few days to do some reading up on it.

Second, the tractor seem to make quite a bit of noise from the rear end under tight turning. Is that normal?

There is no digital copy of the manual that I'm aware of. I've attached a pictures of break-in page from my 1736 manual. The break-in procedure says to run the engine at full speed which seems a little strange to me.

I have not heard anything unusual when I have made a tight turn. Your rear differential lever is not locked down is it?

Attachments

• IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 272
   / Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #84  
Make sure it's fully in the selected gear range you chose and the 4wd is all the way in or out. With mine you can hear things rolling around down there most of the time I think partly due to it being a geared tranny and the very quiet exhaust. You do hear a lot more because it runs so quietly. Expect the 4wd and range shifter to stay tight a very long time and make sure you have it in N before you try to shift ranges. Don't shift 4wd if it's rolling slowly backwards as it likes to do on an incline either. It'll really grind.
When you get around 50 hours it will smell like its overheatin, that's the regen kicking in with higher temps just do what you are doing till it's done. If you get the naggingest alarm you ever heard around every 50 hours check how much soot using the button. The machine has to have the e brake on to manually force the regen to occur. Once it starts let it do it's thing as the speed goes up and down for 15 minutes or so and it's done. It's suppposed to do it automatically but forgets sometimes.
The dealer is supposed to give you a book with it ,give him a call. just remember on breakin to run it fairly hard an don't dog it. Also at least the early books are full of poo on break in rpms! It tells you to run it FULL THROTTLE for the first 50 hours. Don't do it, just don't dog it run it strong. That might even be the reason they didn't give you one in the first place.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #86  
Did any of you figure out how to change the meter from Kph to Mph?

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread
Did any of you figure out how to change the meter from Kph to Mph?

The dealer changed mine over and it took him awhile. He had to do it with the scan tool I believe.

LM

Down around zero (deg F) here and we had some snow so I decided to fire up my 1736. No issues at all, just turned the key, waited for teh glow plug indicator to go out and it fired right up. It's in a non heated steal shed and has no block heater or plug in. It hadn't been started for probably 2 weeks so it was at full cold soak. Hopefully it keeps starting this well....

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #89  
Down around zero (deg F) here and we had some snow so I decided to fire up my 1736. No issues at all, just turned the key, waited for teh glow plug indicator to go out and it fired right up. It's in a non heated steal shed and has no block heater or plug in. It hadn't been started for probably 2 weeks so it was at full cold soak. Hopefully it keeps starting this well....

LM
That is a nice reference point to have established!

I have yet to start my 1736 when it was much cooler than +15 degrees (F) and at that I used its block heater for 1-2 hours before I turned the key.

That is a nice reference point to have established!

I have yet to start my 1736 when it was much cooler than +15 degrees (F) and at that I used its block heater for 1-2 hours before I turned the key.

Going to be negative teens below zero in the next couple of days so I'll get another reference point. :)

LM