Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #21  
I bought a new Massey 4707 last year and I've been impressed at how little fuel it uses. I haven't done the math to know exactly what I'm using per hour, but its not even close to what you are using in your 1835. If I have a full tank, I can mow with my 12 foot batwing, with the AC on and in 4WD for six hours and use about a quarter tank of fuel.

Normally I only mow for about 3 to four hours, since I try to work on projects when it's cooler in the morning, and when it's too hot out to breath, I'll get in the tractor to relax and cool off, and still be productive for the rest of the day.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #22  
By the way, with these compact tractors, what would you guys charge for snow removal for the average driveway? I'm stuck in the 1990s when the average here in idaho was $40 per pop. Would asking $50 be too much? Keep in mind, no snow blade, just the bucket and rear blade.
Around me, guys won't show up for less than $100 a driveway. And that's an "in town", regular 2 car driveway. I don't do snow work for hire. I'm not interested in getting up at 2am to go clear someone else's snow before they go to work. I can't say I'm interested in clearing my own snow at 4am either, lol. But at least I don't have to load/unload off my trailer in -30F with blowing winds to go clear snow.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog
I bought a new Massey 4707 last year and I've been impressed at how little fuel it uses. I haven't done the math to know exactly what I'm using per hour, but its not even close to what you are using in your 1835. If I have a full tank, I can mow with my 12 foot batwing, with the AC on and in 4WD for six hours and use about a quarter tank of fuel.

Normally I only mow for about 3 to four hours, since I try to work on projects when it's cooler in the morning, and when it's too hot out to breath, I'll get in the tractor to relax and cool off, and still be productive for the rest of the day.
I had a friend who bought a 4710. First trip to the field with the round baler, 2nd row in, the PTO fell out of the tractor. Me, I'm a smart-ass, I walk up to the ass end of the tractor, wipe the dust off of the serial plate, I see the words MADE IN CHINA.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #24  
I had a friend who bought a 4710. First trip to the field with the round baler, 2nd row in, the PTO fell out of the tractor. Me, I'm a smart-ass, I walk up to the ass end of the tractor, wipe the dust off of the serial plate, I see the words MADE IN CHINA.
You crawled under a Deere tractor lately? I have.
Plenty of “MADE IN CHINA“ under them, too.
I have a Deere CX-15 batwing mower and most of it is made in China. Damn good mower though.

Around me, guys won't show up for less than $100 a driveway. And that's an "in town", regular 2 car driveway. I don't do snow work for hire. I'm not interested in getting up at 2am to go clear someone else's snow before they go to work. I can't say I'm interested in clearing my own snow at 4am either, lol. But at least I don't have to load/unload off my trailer in -30F with blowing winds to go clear snow.
It's still September. I'll be sneaky and will call a landscaping company tomorrow and will ask them what their rates are. As for brush hogging, I'm getting $75 per acre plus extra for doing sloped areas which this tractor hates.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #26  
Elevation, this part of idaho is just over 700 feet. Farthest inland sea port...a sea port in idaho. I will be getting rid of it in the spring. No manuals in cabbed kubotas. Case IH/New Holland will not do a trade, kioti doesn't have a home here. Leaves me with green. Funny part is, the price tag associated with Deere compacts equals the price of Massey utility tractors with greater hp. Example. JD 3039R with cab, $54k, Massey 2604 $39k. 2604 is rops which sucks.
What part of Idaho is 700 feet elevation? I farmed in Minidoka County for 20 years, and was all over Idaho, and never knew of a place that low. Most places I know (not in the mountains) are 3000-4000+ elevation.

In any event, I think you have some unknown issue with this Massey. It’s got a malfunction somewhere.

What part of Idaho is 700 feet elevation? I farmed in Minidoka County for 20 years, and was all over Idaho, and never knew of a place that low. Most places I know (not in the mountains) are 3000-4000+ elevation.

In any event, I think you have some unknown issue with this Massey. It’s got a malfunction somewhere.
Lewiston, you know the stinky town to the north. For the record, I miss the smell of the diaries around Jerome. I'm actually from Sun Valley where my family ran a sheep ranch since the 1870s.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #28  
Lewiston, you know the stinky town to the north. For the record, I miss the smell of the diaries around Jerome. I'm actually from Sun Valley where my family ran a sheep ranch since the 1870s.
Yeah, that’s a part of the state I never ventured too. Sun Valley is Beautiful. And Stanley to the north is the coldest place on earth, LOL.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #29  
I would have the dealer put your tractor on a dyno to see what it is doing. That semi- eliminates the HST and would also provide info on fuel consumption vs HP over a period of time.

Like others I think something is wrong. Not sure if could be fuel pump timing, or fuel pump set to high but a good mechanic should be able to watch this on a dyno.

Everyone has good ideas, but the dealership has more excuses than a Democrat. The tractor is under warranty, but it's official, they will not do anything since they invested around 6 hours of driving it around wasting my fuel, and it never acted up. Either way, come March I will probably go back to green.