Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #31  
Everyone has good ideas, but the dealership has more excuses than a Democrat. The tractor is under warranty, but it's official, they will not do anything since they invested around 6 hours of driving it around wasting my fuel, and it never acted up. Either way, come March I will probably go back to green.
How many hours are on it?
If you think going green is going to get you away from Chinese made parts and assemblies, you will be disappointed. John Deere has invested billions in factories in China for the last 30 years. They make everything from castings to axles, to housings there. So does everyone else. Including Caterpillar.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #32  
It's still September. I'll be sneaky and will call a landscaping company tomorrow and will ask them what their rates are. As for brush hogging, I'm getting $75 per acre plus extra for doing sloped areas which this tractor hates.
I've been at $80 per acre for mowing (with a $100 minimum) for a couple years now. Seemed to get all the work I asked for. I did sit out this summer for health reasons, but thinking I'll be at $100 per acre next season, what with rising costs and all. Will be mulling that over this winter. I never had anyone squawk at my pricing before. Not looking to be the cheapest guy out there, but don't want to price myself out of all the work either. I only quote flat rates on a per acre basis.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #33  
Lewiston, you know the stinky town to the north. For the record, I miss the smell of the diaries around Jerome. I'm actually from Sun Valley where my family ran a sheep ranch since the 1870s.
I delivered a load to that paper mill back in fall of '90.

I can still remember the stench.

You have my sympathy.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog #34  
Everyone has good ideas, but the dealership has more excuses than a Democrat. The tractor is under warranty, but it's official, they will not do anything since they invested around 6 hours of driving it around wasting my fuel, and it never acted up. Either way, come March I will probably go back to green.
Sorry to hear about your bad dealer. I think the issue is fixable, but not if they don't care to.

Firing the dealer and moving on makes sense.

/ Massey Ferguson 1835M Hydrostat is a fuel hog
I asked a question this morning at our other AGCO dealer. We have 2 here. Is there a chance that the hydrostat cooler, which is located on the radiator, is too small to accommodate the size and workload of the tractor? Regardless if it is too small, the amount of room that is needed to put a bigger one in is probably at at a zero.

Tractor is now home, got my JD 665 tiller hooked up. Tilled 1/4 acre today. No problems at all. So, my conclusion is this: buy a dang trailer for transporting it. Save wear and tare anyway.