Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien.......

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien.......
Crack a fitting at the loader bucket and set a pail under it is one way. The only real way is to change the UTF and put the return lines into a bucket where they return the UTF to the reservoir and open valves until it runs with clean (UTF) but only one out of a million will go to that trouble.

On our BH a drain out and filter change will remove about 33% of the total 22 gallons with the rest in the hoe and FEL cylinders I guess.

I was thinking that be the only was to bleed them.
Where would I find the filter on my loader? Any ideas....

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #42  
If its a Davis loader, check behind the grill, near the aux hydraulic pump.

See below link to archives that includes scans of parts manual for Davis Loaders.

http://www.ntractorclub.com/forums/manuals/messages/1190.html

(I hope this link is not against forum rules here. It is archived only, so the page is not active.)

Seams I'm missing the filter assembly..... Unless its a inline type and is in the top piping part of my pump....
null_zps1d28be18.jpg

It possible or is it to small?

I got alot of questions today... Lol
For the steel lines that go from the spool valve to the cylinder along the loader boom, should I keep them steel or should I just replace them into 1 entire hose for each line?
null_zpsc674bce4.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #45  
Do they leak?

Do they leak?

The steel ones don't leak.
The rubber ones are severely dry rotted and a few have chunk of rubber missing. Also would like to flush out all the hydraulic fluid..... Cause as it seams..... It looks like coffee with cream......

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #47  
The steel ones don't leak.
The rubber ones are severely dry rotted and a few have chunk of rubber missing. Also would like to flush out all the hydraulic fluid..... Cause as it seams..... It looks like coffee with cream......

I would retain the steel lines but get all that watered down fluid out of there. If it were me I would replace all the hoses for looks if nothing else. You have an interesting find there.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #48  
Old rubber hoses if not replaced up front will insure your coffee with cream fluid will be flushed we found. :)

New toy!
null_zps117bec19.jpg

Ran the lines for it today. Tomorrow gonna drain out all the old fluids and put in fresh hydraulic fluid. And have to secure the lines better, have them zip tied for not so they don't dangle.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #50  
personally i would not do anything thats not broken until and if you decide to do a overhaul/resto. Buy a couple spares hoses to have if they break during a job. I had my old mf 35 with davis loader and it was alot like what you have. i used it like that for many years save your hose money.

i took the loader off and sold it for more than I paid for it
I rebuilt the z134 and painted the mf and broke even when I sold it.