Price Check Massey GC2610

/ Massey GC2610 #11  
I'm not sure on the 2600, but I just bought a 1529 a couple weeks ago and the hood is metal but the fenders are fibreglass and yes it does have a cup holder.

/ Massey GC2610 #12  
Same with GC2400, metal hood/fiberglass fender, so its going to be the same for GC2610. Its a great little machine though. Enjoy.

/ Massey GC2610 #13  
Hood on mine is metal, fenders are plastic, cup holder on the left:D

/ Massey GC2610
Great!! Anyone know if you can run the MMM and have the hoe along with the FEL attatched?? Like the BX 25 is able to. What about the plastic fenders, do they hold up well other than scratching easily? Thanks for all the info!! I could'nt see the cup holder on Massey's website.

/ Massey GC2610 #15  
Yes you can run the MMM with FEL & BH on. You just need to make sure your 3pnt lift arms are clear to move up and down as they go up and down with the mower deck.

/ Massey GC2610
Yes you can run the MMM with FEL & BH on. You just need to make sure your 3pnt lift arms are clear to move up and down as they go up and down with the mower deck.

Thanks, if you don't mind me asking, I see you had a BX. What was your reason for switching to Massey. I have been looking at both the BX and GC and trying to find what would benefit me the most. Ease of taking of implements, ease of finding parts, reliability and customer service. Also the Kubota seems to have alot of aftermarket parts like skid plates, wheel spacers to name a few. Thank you for the info.

/ Massey GC2610 #17  
Ah Grasshopper, you have found the non lemmings....... you have done well.

/ Massey GC2610
Well, I went to check out the GC2610 last night and was impressed by the size of the hydraulic cylinders and the overall "beefiness" of the drive-train. It does seem a bit larger, I must say. The only 2 things I did not really like was,
1 the hose stowage of the lines after you remove the hoe
2 the lack of protection of the hydro fan and under lines and such, no skid plate. And none available from what I can tell searching the internet.
If the GC had more available aftermarket accessories I think I would go that route. But, alas, I do have to choose. I would like to have both and try them out for a week:licking: But that wont happen!!:laughing:

/ Massey GC2610 #19  
Yes, unfortunately most of us really don't find out what we can do, what we can't do, what we like, and what we don't like until after we have purchased the tractor. The best we can do is make an intelligent choice based on instinct.............. and all the folks here that want us to empty our wallets.

/ Massey GC2610 #20  
FYI, the gc2610 is the same as the gc2410 except the rpm limiter on the engine is set at a higher level..same engine. You could save some $ by getting the gc2410 and having the dealer adjust the rpm limiter to the higher level but I doubt that you will need/notice the extra HP.

To me the skid plate or wheel spacers is not enough of an issue to choose a BX over the Massey.