Price Check Massey GC2610

/ Massey GC2610
FYI, the gc2610 is the same as the gc2410 except the rpm limiter on the engine is set at a higher level..same engine. You could save some $ by getting the gc2410 and having the dealer adjust the rpm limiter to the higher level but I doubt that you will need/notice the extra HP.

To me the skid plate or wheel spacers is not enough of an issue to choose a BX over the Massey.

I originally asked for a 2410, but they said they do not stock them since "most" people want more power.
But they have come down in price 500 so I am seriously thinking about it. Anyone know if the 60" MMM leaves a nice even cut? I like to keep my lawn pristine and was just wondering how well this does. And I found out today this machine has a 3yr. 2000 hr warranty now!!

The machine I am looking at has some surface rust starting around some welds on the BH and the engine compartment is very dusty. Hard to believe this is a 2010 the hoe has a date of 08/2009 so it must be??

/ Massey GC2610 #22  
And I found out today this machine has a 3yr. 2000 hr warranty now!!

Zoiks! ~700 hours/year?

Methinks one will hit the 3 year mark *well* before the 2000 hours - but it looks impressive on a brochure.

/ Massey GC2610 #23  
I have been extremely impressed & pleased with the cut on the 60" MMM. Had my doubts initially --I bought a used one-- but comments I got when I asked the same question were all positive, and I'd have to say they were right on the money!

This is also my first ever "riding" mower.... it reduced my mowing time by a good 60-70%, and I get a better cut-- no "stick-ups"! (Check the top edge of the slope in the pic.)

Attachments

• mowing 6:09-4.JPG
    mowing 6:09-4.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 380
   / Massey GC2610 #24  
"I originally asked for a 2410, but they said they do not stock them since "most" people want more power."

Translation, we make more money on the GC2610, and if we don't stock the GC 2410 most people will buy what we have rather than order the GC2410. :D

/ Massey GC2610
"I originally asked for a 2410, but they said they do not stock them since "most" people want more power."

Translation, we make more money on the GC2610, and if we don't stock the GC 2410 most people will buy what we have rather than order the GC2410. :D
Agreed, however, as of today I am leaning to the MF, still checking out the pros and cons for Kubota!!:) We will see what TBN brings today!!:laughing:

/ Massey GC2610 #26  
The Massey is a nice unit, larger engine, better hydraulics, and larger backhoe. Good luck with your choice.

/ Massey GC2610
Got the dealer to come down another $500:drool:! I am going to both dealers ( Kubota and MF) this weekend to give a one last drive and lookover. And try to get a lower price, of course ;)!!

/ Massey GC2610 #28  
Got the dealer to come down another $500:drool:! I am going to both dealers ( Kubota and MF) this weekend to give a one last drive and lookover. And try to get a lower price, of course ;)!!

Have fun and good luck!!

KC

/ Massey GC2610 #29  
A friend has the BX24 and I have a 2610 (Also had a 2310 before). Hands down, he wishes he would have bought the 2610. As far as mowing, the cut is great and quick

/ Massey GC2610 #30  
Hi Wacky,

Check out the video of the Massey 2410 vs the Kubota BX25. The Kubota gets beat something fierce by the Massey and you are looking at the 2610 with even a little more hydraulic capacity!

Here is the link:
Head-to-Head: MF GC2410 vs. Kubota BX25

Bruce